Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 Fman LSV build - Larson Marine

Fman

Vinyl is white base, moonbeam and charcoal accents.  I found the white seat bases are good for the extreme heat we get here in the summer.  Does not get near as hot as the charcoal or darker colors.

@teamerickson did you order any of the newer style vinyl?

39 minutes ago, Fman said:

Vinyl is white base, moonbeam and charcoal accents.  I found the white seat bases are good for the extreme heat we get here in the summer.  Does not get near as hot as the charcoal or darker colors.

@teamerickson did you order any of the newer style vinyl?

Newer style vinyl? Great, did I miss something? :(

10 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Newer style vinyl? Great, did I miss something? :(

Maybe it's new to me, it's similar to what mastercraft/supra are using, seems almost like sunbrella type material.  I'm not sure what the technical name is but it is supposed to be cooler than the standard vinyl and there is no extra charge for it.

Prop I think is standard torque prop, what did you go with or recommend?  btw, how have you been enjoying your new lsv?  anything you would do different?

52 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

I thought the bow step on the trailer was a silly add on but the dealer insisted.  It's awesome!

Given that you can do colored trailers now at no upcharge, why not do gray?

That is a good idea, wish I could see what a charcoal gray trailer would look like under it.  Black is so universal, just seems to go good with anything.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
41 minutes ago, Fman said:

Maybe it's new to me, it's similar to what mastercraft/supra are using, seems almost like sunbrella type material.  I'm not sure what the technical name is but it is supposed to be cooler than the standard vinyl and there is no extra charge for it.

Prop I think is standard torque prop, what did you go with or recommend?  btw, how have you been enjoying your new lsv?  anything you would do different?

You had a 2015 VLX right? The vinyl changed in 2016 so I believe that's the only option now.

Love the vinyl!

I went with the 2277 prop, which is the standard. I went with that based on this forum. With all ballast, including PNP, it has no problem getting up to wakeboard speed on Folsom. The lift feature makes all the difference. I have a 2249 (torque) as a spare. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fman said:

Black is so universal, just seems to go good with anything.

Agree.  It's also a little boring is all.  It's definitely the safe choice tho.  That said I haven't seen any color matched trailers that actually look bad. @85 Barefoot had a green one under a mostly white T22 that looked really good.

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
5 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Agree.  It's also a little boring is all.  It's definitely the safe choice tho.  That said I haven't seen any color matched trailers that actually look bad. @85 Barefoot had a green one under a mostly white T22 that looked really good.

Someone I know has a vapor blue trailer under a T22 as well. Looks quite good! ;)

• Like 3