Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Can I order removable Guide Poles on my new Malibu Trailer ?

jeffmx

Does anyone know if I can order my new Malibu trailer with removable guide poles ?

I hope I am not the only person on the planet who has made this request from Malibu when ordering a new boat. We know the new ones unbolt underneath, but I don't want to do that each time we go out.

Since Malibu makes their own trailers now, I would much rather have them do it at the factory than me dealing with  it after I get it.

On my 2006 boat trailer, I had a DHM, and they made the steel poles removable. They basically slid into a larger sleeve that was welded to the trailer.

Any help or pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

9 hours ago, Soon2BV said:

Curious, why do you remove them each time you go out? 

Probably to store in a garage.... just tucked mine away for the winter and had to remove them to get in he garage.

On 29/11/2016 at 6:18 AM, powderski14 said:

Probably to store in a garage.... just tucked mine away for the winter and had to remove them to get in he garage.

Easier to leave the nut just loose enough so that the pole can swivel a tiny bit (maybe swap to a lock-nut). That way you could simply swing the poles in against the hull when you want to (it is narrower there so they will be inside the lines of the trailer wheel arches)?

• Like 2