Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Scam or flipper

isellacuras

@Fman, isn't this your old boat?  There were a couple things that threw me off. Colors of exterior are dead on. I think I recall seeing the picture of the boat on the water at some point on TMC. The bow speakers are RF and I doubt you'd do that after the rest of the exile build, says 40 hours and has 350.  Looks like the smaller pictures my be from your previous ad. 

That is NOT Fman's boat (big pics), his boat is long gone in New Zealand.  

You can tell by the RF cabin speakers and the Malibu branded Rev8's on tower shelves.  

It does look like whoever posted that ad recycled a bunch of Trav's pics

I actually replied to this AD a couple days ago indicating I was interested in purchasing, I never received a reply back.  Not sure what his motive is because the ad is so scattered with misleading information.  I would have thought I would have got a reply back by now giving me information on how to purchase the boat.  Yes, those are pics from my 2015 22 VLX ad.

Has anyone else replied to this ad to see if they get a response from seller?

28 minutes ago, Fman said:

I actually replied to this AD a couple days ago indicating I was interested in purchasing, I never received a reply back.  Not sure what his motive is because the ad is so scattered with misleading information.  I would have thought I would have got a reply back by now giving me information on how to purchase the boat.  Yes, those are pics from my 2015 22 VLX ad.

I asked how he liked the new Penta Drive setup on the BU but haven't heard back yet.

On 11/19/2016 at 11:48 AM, Fman said:

He just wanted your email address to sell.  Now he has it.... Be afraid... very afraid...

38 minutes ago, powderjay said:

He just wanted your email address to sell.  Now he has it.... Be afraid... very afraid...

CL  masks your email address as long as you don't explicitly state it.  They typically will ask you to text or email them at another address ... dead giveaway.  

1 hour ago, Sailvi767 said:

I am not sure it's a scam because of the price. 95K is high for a 2015. I have a 2016 loaded I might be selling and would be happy to get 95K.

We'll, seeing as how he chose to use fman's photos, I would say it is a scam regardless of the price.

I emailed and me he replied back. I told him I wanted to bring my mechanic down to look at it. He seemed compliant and told me to text him when I'm ready. Didn't seem like a normal scam. He never asked for money. Offered a 775 phone number which is Reno ish phone number but the ad is for the SF Bay Area.  Not really sure what to think. Maybe he just liked fmans ad and has a similar boat. I dunno?

Here's his reply. I mentioned my mechanic was concerned because the motor in the picture was not the 350 listed in the ad. 

%5BURL=http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/isellacuras/media/IMG_2671.png.html%5D%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z404/isellacuras/IMG_2671.png%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL%5D

ahopkins22LSV
Just now, isellacuras said:

Not sure why I can't post pictures anymore. I have been doing it the same way as always and the last few have not worked. Wondering if something changed in photobucket?

From your phone post the direct link, not the image tag.