Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

#@%^&*@ Gas Can Spouts - Solution Is Here!

minnmarker

5 hours ago, Big Jay D said:

Race jugs are the way to go. I put a ball valve on mine, near the cap, and just move that cap to the jug being used. So when I'm filling the power washer, lawn mower, or genterators I can adjust flow speed and prevent over fill. 

I have two caps, the one you can buy directly from VP and the one I made.  The VP one pours WAY slower so I can use it for smaller motors. 

^^ That's how I role.  Love my shaker siphon but always thought it needed a larger diameter hose.  I'll have to find a FlowPro.  My smaller hose takes 90 seconds or so.  I installed a hook on my dock so that I can hang the can and walk away. 

I let if flow by gravity - through a 3/4" buried copper pipe from the tank up by the road into this setup by the dock.  Nice when you have 5 hungry gas tanks on the shore :beer:

Gas Hose.jpeg

• Like 1

I had to buy the water jug units as I live in a safety state. They work well, only thing is they are while not black plastic. The white is actually nicer as you can see the fuel flow through it. 

22 hours ago, minnmarker said:

I let if flow by gravity - through a 3/4" buried copper pipe from the tank up by the road into this setup by the dock.  Nice when you have 5 hungry gas tanks on the shore :beer:

Gas Hose.jpeg

I need more details on this.  Ive been thinking of a good way to do this but havent pulled the trigger yet. 

22 minutes ago, 05hammerhead said:

I need more details on this.  Ive been thinking of a good way to do this but havent pulled the trigger yet. 

It'll depend on your local/state codes.  Most farms have some type on on-site fuel storage so there are usually easily accessible rules and regulations.  Ours is a standard 280 gallon fuel oil tank with all the required vents, filters, and shut off valves.  There are used tanks in good shape all over the place since people get rid of their indoor fuel oil tanks when they hook up to natural gas. The copper tubing runs underground to the lake shore where there is another valve.  Rubber hose is gasoline rated as is the nozzle.  Ours was put in about 15 years ago.  If we were to do it today we would have to build an earthen dam around the tank big enough to contain a full tank spill.  You would have to put it within 100' or so of the road, or driveway that could handle the weight of a delivery truck.

It sure is easier and cheaper than going to the marina for gas.  I just call the local fuel company that services businesses and farms and they will deliver within a day or two.

• Like 2
On 2016-12-21 at 1:04 PM, BlknYlwT22 said:

I was shown the siphoning method by @bcoppess23. Works like a charm.

These things are pretty handy and make it go super fast. They even work on ballast bags:whistle:... well maybe just for when you drop the pump over the side of the boat... 

The gas tank thing would make it so easy, just get it filled up every now and then and go. Only if i wasn't on drinking water 

On 12/22/2016 at 2:19 PM, minnmarker said:

It'll depend on your local/state codes.  Most farms have some type on on-site fuel storage so there are usually easily accessible rules and regulations.  Ours is a standard 280 gallon fuel oil tank with all the required vents, filters, and shut off valves.  There are used tanks in good shape all over the place since people get rid of their indoor fuel oil tanks when they hook up to natural gas. The copper tubing runs underground to the lake shore where there is another valve.  Rubber hose is gasoline rated as is the nozzle.  Ours was put in about 15 years ago.  If we were to do it today we would have to build an earthen dam around the tank big enough to contain a full tank spill.  You would have to put it within 100' or so of the road, or driveway that could handle the weight of a delivery truck.

It sure is easier and cheaper than going to the marina for gas.  I just call the local fuel company that services businesses and farms and they will deliver within a day or two.

Yeah, thats kinda what I figured it would take to make all that happen.  Im sure it would take at least a few thousand to make that happen around me.