Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

#@%^&*@ Gas Can Spouts - Solution Is Here!

minnmarker

2 minutes ago, solorex said:

I much prefer this:  http://www.superjiggler.com/

It's quick and never spill even a drop, no more lifting and pouring that's when spills happen.

Yeah but pretty useless for filling your lawn mower and snow blower.  I actually like the thumb release style safety spouts, the other style with the sleeve over the spout really sucks though.

44 minutes ago, Kmfish87 said:

New spouts are terrible and spill gas everywhere. I don't understand how they are "safer" than the old gas can spouts that actually worked.

I have a couple of these kits:

http://ezpourspout.com/ez-pour-products/all-products/fuel-jug-spout/

Can't stop laughing... went to site to look...love this statement IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING STATES YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED BY LAW TO PURCHASE THE GAS CAN SPOUT: CALIFORNIA, WASHINGTON D.C., DELAWARE, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, VIRGINIA. IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THESE STATES, YOU MAY PURCHASE THE EZ-POUR® WATER CAN SPOUT INSTEAD."

Same stupid product.. but for water to get around their stupid laws

• Like 3
21 hours ago, footndale said:

Find a good Gas&Oil company and purchase these, or Amazon.

Too bad they don't fit under the tonneau cover of the bed of my truck. Not to mention their spendy.

The next can I buy will be a 6 gallon Blitz with a retrofit kit.

I use a jiggler too. It's nice that I don't have to stand there holding the can up but I can go do other things while the boat is being gassed up.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
1 hour ago, kerpluxal said:

Can't stop laughing... went to site to look...love this statement IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING STATES YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED BY LAW TO PURCHASE THE GAS CAN SPOUT: CALIFORNIA, WASHINGTON D.C., DELAWARE, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, VIRGINIA. IF YOU LIVE IN ONE OF THESE STATES, YOU MAY PURCHASE THE EZ-POUR® WATER CAN SPOUT INSTEAD."

Same stupid product.. but for water to get around their stupid laws

Working within the confines of the law.

vp_racing_square_jerry_can_zoom.jpg

I use these.  I have 10 of them, bought on amazon for ~$20 each.  I have a cap that Ive retrofitted to have a 1" ID tube on it.  I can empty a 6 gallon can in 19 seconds. 

Edited by 05hammerhead
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, 05hammerhead said:

vp_racing_square_jerry_can_zoom.jpg

I use these.  I have 10 of them, bought on amazon for ~$20 each.  I have a cap that Ive retrofitted to have a 1" ID tube on it.  I can empty a 6 gallon can in 19 seconds. 

Been using this style for years, the only way to go IMO.  I like the extra handle these have , https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/4666/48008/LC-LC2-Utility-Jug-with-12"-Filler-Hose 

Here is mine that I picked up at Lanes in Watervliet, MI.  6 gallons under a minute.  What I do with my Carb cans is pour it in this can which is another step but what the heck.

DSCN0200[1].JPG

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, MalibuNation said:

Here is mine that I picked up at Lanes in Watervliet, MI.  6 gallons under a minute.  What I do with my Carb cans is pour it in this can which is another step but what the heck.

I cut the bottom off a can like this and made it into a funnel.  Zip tied it to a dock post and just poured as fast as I could.  Finally got rid of all those cans and only have VP cans now. 

• Like 2

I use the EZflo high flow. It's awesome! 6 gallons in just under a minute. You only need one, just use it when you are filling the boat on all the cans!

http://ezpourspout.com/ez-pour-products/all-products/hi-flow-spout/

Additionally, just add vents to all your vent-less cans: http://ezpourspout.com/ez-pour-products/parts/push-in-vent/

You can keep using all the standard fill nozzles to seal up the cans. Much cheaper than buying replacements for every can!

On 11/17/2016 at 9:36 AM, minnmarker said:

I do not like the "new improved" safety (or environmental, or whatever) gas can spouts that dribble when you use them (dangerous) and have low flow and no vents and are just a general PITA.  Sorry, but I really dislike new regulations that cause more problems than they solve.

Rant over.  I was wandering Menard's yesterday looking for a new snow shovel and ran across a "Replacement Spout & Vent Kit."  Figured it had to have different threads than the current gas cans so it won't work, but for $5 lets give it a try.  It fit!  A regular old gas can spout with a screen that will flow fast and not dribble.  And it fits on the new plastic cans!  And it comes with a vent you can install on the back corner just like the good old cans.  And it comes with two different twist on rings/nuts to fit different thread pitches.

Small victories!  Get yours before the EPA (or whoever) finds out about them and yanks them off the shelves.

gas2.jpggas1.jpg

Those vents are everything, same guy who has vents I go with uses the tractor supply hoses, now that's fast cause they are 1.5-1.75" inside opening shoves the gas in the tank, in 30 seconds almost. so you can purchase the vent plugs by themselves and then combine with tractor supply kink hose.  Same guy with that upgraded frim the coolest syphon hose with a metal fitting with screen pushed on hose with a marble in fitting for kinetic syphon action that works like a charm for cans with no vent, shove it down 5 rapid times for 1or 3inches of movement and marble sucks the can dry from there rattling the hole time. he uses that on my unvented cans I bring

I hate those safety spouts also.  I needed a can for lawn equipment also race gas and diesel fuel.  I bought safety cans like we use in construction, made of steel, for 20 each.  there are not as easy as the VP jugs but I have used them for years and am happy with them.  if I had to carry jugs to my boat I would get the VP jugs.

• 4 weeks later...

Race jugs are the way to go. I put a ball valve on mine, near the cap, and just move that cap to the jug being used. So when I'm filling the power washer, lawn mower, or genterators I can adjust flow speed and prevent over fill. 

• Like 1