Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bow Roller Replacement

toddrparr

Does anyone have a suggestion on a replacement bow/keel roller? I have chewed up 2 this year. The first one had been on the trailer for a few year, so I am attributing that to normal wear and tear. The second was purchased from E-trailer.com, replaced in July and it already has big grooves worn into it. Let me know what you guys prefer. The boat is an 08 23LSV with a Dorsey trailer. Thanks!

Stay away from the  rubber ones for starters. I have a Stotz set up that I have been using for over 5 years with no problems. The tricky part at least for me was getting the rollers to roll while not having the weight of the bow push the outer rollers outward. Too little clamping force on the roller bolt would allow the outer rollers to move outward exposing the metal support ears to the hull. I think the biggest help was not power loading or unloading.