Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 HeyDay Update... Still ugly

BadgerBoater55

3 hours ago, 05hammerhead said:

Thanks to the asshats who forced me to google this stupid boat(:P), now it shows up in advertisements everywhere.  Facebook, google, etc.  DAMNIT, I hate clearing all my browser history.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, jhartt3 said:

i like the interior layout... much more useable sitting space vs having a full windshield. 

16 foot metal flat boat optimism, your way to open to new ideas

im not gonna lie, I kinda like the center console idea. Why dont they make ski boats that way? I would think that would make sense for balancing the boat out better.

EDIT: Scratch that, I remembered MN is one of the few states you can ski with just a driver and a mirror.

Edited by 05hammerhead
16 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Oh come on now,  its not that....well actually it is that bad....i just wonder what names were passes over if Heyday and Waketractor won????

Tractors ain't sexy (metal flake versions) some ugly (definitely this one) but they "Plow" the fields, hence the name 

Edited by granddaddy55

Even if someone decided they liked this boat for themselves, I don't think you could pull the trigger based on resale.   There is such an overwhelmingly negative response to this boat, you better plan on keeping it a long time if you own one, or taking a huge hit on resale.    Just read through the comments on onlyinboards when one of these are for sale.  

My wife and I have been mulling it over and we're thinking about trading in our lsv for one.  The warranty and pcm drive train sound appealing.  

kidding.jpg

• Like 2

I did not think anything in the world could make my like this boat.....I just saw some closeout pricing on 2016 Axis boats and am starting to warm up to the idea of a boat shaped like a bumper car.  

These prices are getting ridiculous on the no frills entry level boats.  hopefully this bubble bursts.  There is definitely a problem when seeing "closeout" prices on entry level boats has me looking at used G's.

• 1 year later...

Reviving an old thread but I looked at the WT-Surf at the Dallas boat show a couple of weeks ago and I kinda liked it.  DO I think I can fit 14 people in it? no....but I could do the 6-8 thats usually in our crew fairly comfortably, storage is actually pretty good (keep in mind im coming from an echelon lx).  I like that its light enough that I can tow it with my 4 runner so a new tow rig isnt required.  Will I buy one new?  hell no.  I'll either wait until a dealership is dumping one or I'll buy one second hand that a millennial has lost interest in and try to buy it at the bottom of its range (its a habit).

Im thinking of black on black with the vinyl graphics stripped.  :rockon: