Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Impeller cover bolts - snapped

I have a 04 RLXi and the impeller went on it the other day. Replacement went fine, but I decided to take a look at the new one once back in the garage. Unfortunately, I snapped one of the small brass cover bolts when putting on the impeller cover. Luckily, I was miraculously able to extract the entire bolt.

Anyone have an idea of the size of the bolt? My best guess is #10-32 x 3/8. However, I bought a #10-32 x 1/2 thinking I could use washers to fill the gap, BUT I have feeling that the originals are metric bolts. Are the origs. metric?

It's an Indmar raw water pump (68-5001). I've looked all over the web for specs but have turned up nothing useful.

Any help?

Thanks.

Hi Ken,

I'm not sure of the size but I found the bolt on skidim.com. Want me to order some when I order the impellers?

Cheers,

Mike

I have a 04 RLXi and the impeller went on it the other day. Replacement went fine, but I decided to take a look at the new one once back in the garage. Unfortunately, I snapped one of the small brass cover bolts when putting on the impeller cover. Luckily, I was miraculously able to extract the entire bolt.

Anyone have an idea of the size of the bolt? My best guess is #10-32 x 3/8. However, I bought a #10-32 x 1/2 thinking I could use washers to fill the gap, BUT I have feeling that the originals are metric bolts. Are the origs. metric?

It's an Indmar raw water pump (68-5001). I've looked all over the web for specs but have turned up nothing useful.

Any help?

Thanks.

Good find!

Please order 4 for me. Can we get express shipping?

...And, 2 impellers for me (1 for me and 1 for you that I swiped on Sat morning!)

Thanks,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Any help?

Thanks.

I know this was a while ago but may still be of some use to someone. The Bolt size for the 68-5001 pump is M5 x 0.8p (Metric 5mm x 0.8 Pitch)

:)

I don't know the size off hand, but you should be able to get them at your local hardware store.

When I snapped mine, I went to my local ACE with one of the bolts and found stainless matches very quickly. I keep a few replacements in the boat with the spare impeller.

Yep, Ace Hardware is the place I got a set of stainless replacement screws. I later found the brass one I dropped. I will use the brass and keep the others for spares. Reminder to self (Don't drop or over torque the brass screws)