Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Saw the New MB Tomkat today

Guest J-Ro

dont knock mb's. those are great boats. very solid.. i still regret selling mine for an mc.

if there was still a dealer here in sac i would have bought another one instaed of the bu..

dont knock mb's. those are great boats. very solid.. i still regret selling mine for an mc.

if there was still a dealer here in sac i would have bought another one instaed of the bu..

We're all just kidding. Just like I ribbed the hell out of my ski bud a couple weeks ago (he's a CC guy) when I saw a brand new 206 getting towed in by a WaveRunner in return for him ribbing me a few weeks earlier when he saw a Response getting towed in by an MC...

All in fun! :)

We're all just kidding. Just like I ribbed the hell out of my ski bud a couple weeks ago (he's a CC guy) when I saw a brand new 206 getting towed in by a WaveRunner in return for him ribbing me a few weeks earlier when he saw a Response getting towed in by an MC...

Coincidence ? I think not, I saw a brand neww CC getting towed by a waverunner as well this weekend.

It was only funny until they tied up the ramp for 30 minutes.

it happens to the best of us. only thing i cant uunderstand is that i boght my brand new mc the same time my buddy bought his bayliner last year. his boat 0 breakdowns no trips to the dealer. mc 7 trips and to date bu 1. bu no tow in though, still running just idleing funny.

however i dont see that bayliner lasting long before the whole thing falls apart.

Edited by lxirod

Coincidence ? I think not, I saw a brand neww CC getting towed by a waverunner as well this weekend.

It was only funny until they tied up the ramp for 30 minutes.

The new CCs are having serious fuel pump problems. This guy's 206 has stranded him 3 times. Once before the storm of the summer. Since his boat was not on his lift, his lift and dock got destroyed when the wind took his canopy and turned his lift into a big wrecking ball. Expensive situation all cause of a failed fuel pump!!! Shocking.gif

When MB had the new Tomcat up in Oregon a couple of weeks ago I had the chance to go out for a Half day and this is one Sick boat.

The Tower is Hot. The picture you are seeing is not great but when you see the boat on the water it truly is a nice Tower.

The wake is BIG BIG BIG Surfing.gif

Edited by Tow Daddy
  • 3 weeks later...

A report on the new Tomcat. We rode with Cobe Mikacich and Brent Walker today in Knoxville and let me tell you this is one sick boat in person. The bow is very large and three people were resting there comfortably. I like the rear facing seat behind the driver as I could recline and shoot pictures and video Cobe riding and he is very smooth as most Pro's are. The wake on this bad boy is a very nice size with a bit of a boot the first time you hit it. Rode it at 75 ft. and was very clean even farther back. The pickle fork kept the boat from swamping in front which we repeatedly tried to do, not saying it won't ever, but was a nice thought. Boat hits double ups very smoothly. The tower was very quiet & solid, much more than I first expected. Didn't feel any sway during the ride or when sitting in or driving the boat. It had 375 hp engine which made that monster plane pretty quick. The one pictured in black & white was the first out of the mold and had a flaw or two, but my dealer has a red/white one that looks awesome and of course I forgot to take a picture as we were in ahurry to get to the lake. The rear compartments look small, but are actually quite large. Boat has ample storage and a neat cooler in the center of floor that everybody can access. I think MB has done a nice job on this one. It's not quite a Malibu fit and finish, but I do like it alot. Seeing it in person gives a different look and perception. Just my two cents!

post-161-1157173458_thumb.jpg

The tower matches the lines of the boat better than any I've ever seen. Very innovative! I can't say the pickle fork looks good to me but it's always good to see the manufacturers doing different things.

People from all over always ask me about my boats illusion tower. Crazy stuff like "is that a backwards radar arch or som-thin!" Crazy.gif

The Tomkat wake looks solid and well shaped. :)