Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Audible Alarms

Had a great weekend out on the lake with family and friends but ran into an issue on the last run of the day. I'm waiting to get a new mmdc for my Sunsetter so I have no controls and I had an audible alarm go off. I shut off the boat and took a little tow...still turns over fine but alarm starts back up. Checked oil and impeller and both seem fine. Any thought out there????? thanks

I'd put my money on the oil pressure switch...the sender info goes to the guages, the switch info goes to the ECM and can cause the alarm. This is a relatively common failure, and is an easy and cheap fix.

Was there a "pattern" to the beeping?

I'd put my money on the oil pressure switch...the sender info goes to the guages, the switch info goes to the ECM and can cause the alarm. This is a relatively common failure, and is an easy and cheap fix.

Was there a "pattern" to the beeping?

No pattern at all...just a constant fairly low volume beep. Is there a way to check??? If so, what is the easy and cheap fix. Thanks again for the input...this web site has already saved me over $500 to East Coast Flightcraft!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is the oil pressure switch, it will be located near the oil filter. I'm assuming you have a Monsoon. You will have the sender and the switch in roughly the same location. The switch will be the one with a single wire going into it, it's brown on mine, IIRC, as opposed to a harness type connector (that one is your oil pressure sender and goes to the guages).

The switch simply tells the ECM if there is a certain amount of oil pressure or not. When there is enough pressure (4 psi I think) the switch sends a ground signal to the ECM.

So to test, remove the wire from the switch and using an alligator clip or other suitable conductor, ground the wire out to a good ground.

If the beeping stops, the switch is faulty and should be replaced. You can do it yourself, and it shouldn't cost more than $40.00 or so.

This is the procedure my dealer used to diagnose a faulty O.P. switch.

One thing...since your guages are on the fritz, are you absolutely sure you've got good oil pressure?

Edited by rts

There is also a transmission temp sensor on the transmission. If that sensor is bad it will make your warning beeper go off too. You can check it by unplugging it while the beeper is sounding. If the beeper quits that is your problem. Just make sure that your tranny is not running hot.