Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2014/15 A20 Height on Trailer w/ tower collapsed

Calling in a favor from any A20 owners. Ideally 2014-2015 model/year.

Trying to determine if an A20 will fit in our garage. Our current Malibu does but we're looking to move to an A20 very soon. I got the quoted height from the Axis website for the 2016-17 A20 but if its anything like the numbers i got from Malibu for the height of our current boat its wayyyyyy off. 

If someone can measure the height with tower collapsed all the way down that would be a huge help.

Thanks!!

Just now, teamerickson said:

The last page of this brochure has some info. But real world could be different.

http://www.themalibucrew.com/_files/axis/axis_2015_brochure.pdf

looks like they're quoting 6ft10 for the A20 with tower collapsed......a few inches lower than the 2016-17 height. 

If it truly is 6ft10 then that would be perfect :)

4 hours ago, Tags said:

Trying to determine if an A20 will fit in our garage. Our current Malibu does but we're looking to move to an A20 very soon. I got the quoted height from the Axis website for the 2016-17 A20 but if its anything like the numbers i got from Malibu for the height of our current boat its wayyyyyy off. 

If someone can measure the height with tower collapsed all the way down that would be a huge help.

Thanks!!

My a20 was dead on in 2014 brochure or online I forget which, I pre measured space and the height was almost perfect, I had a fan and light fixture to give and was able to keep them, it's the height of the center pole that exceeded the height but only cause cover and use the posts.  It was dead on, possibly if you have tower speakers that I do not have would be a diff maker(cause when tower down they will be higher than the supported tower, so the specs probably are for  a naked Axis

width with poles was also perfect 

even length with folded and without, with swim platform and without platform, dead on

i use a two by four cut to keep tower off rear up seat cushion, moving bench 4 inches and putting two by 4 on motor cover, don't know how new tower works, but the only thing that could be off would be the tower speakers 

Edited by granddaddy55
5 hours ago, Tags said:

Thanks!!

You do have tower knobs right? If not get them

Height of my light fixture 7 ft

2014 specs per brochure as follows

Length of:

platform installed trailer tongue folded 24'3"

removed, wedge down tongue folded 22'9"

height on trailer tower folded 6'10"

width on trailer with posts 8'6", again all dead on, it's the tower speakers vs how low you go

I think 7'4" covers all, should fit even with the speakers at 7', you may have to crush seat back some with tower and possibly speaker grills to make your deal 

i can handle down with the 8 knobs all by myself one side at a time with my shoulder holding it and placing knobs on gunnels, then support on cushion, I have four titans do they rest well on tips of board racks on the cushion as I do the other side, then some for other and then slowly lower tower with my body with tower resting on it as I step off the cushion, I have already loosened and moved the tower mirror up , and have already placed receiving two by four on engine cover . 

Up is a terrible animal , the titans have 16 sharp corners per support plus the 4 more dull corners of support so attempting this up by yourself is to severely risk your gel coat, as it is slightly spring loaded to counter the weight of tower speakers, so you lose some of the ease if it has big ones or 4 of them.  Do down maybe by self, up with tower knobs and I say get help

I push it in and pull it out adjusting jack wheel on a flat surface to turn the trailer so you can also turn it into an angle in a double or shade it in a single space 

the windshield is the high point when tower down and no speakers 

regular size garage doors can mean taking poles off

Edited by granddaddy55