Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ballast bags for M235

potterm

I don't own one, but have been behind the boat several times.  Never once took PNP out with it and the boat was a beast of a wave.  Of course you have the option to use PNP should you want to, but I can honestly say it does not need it at all.  Even the wakeboard wake with stock ballast, wedge, and no PNP is big.  

I've seen an M with 650s that fit nicely, but I was not riding at the time, just on the boat

Edited by wakebrdr94

This is where we get differing opinions.   i believe a bigger wave with more push/power is ALWAYS better.   Make it as big and powerful as you can.   You will eventually hit a point,  where adding more weight does not make the wave bigger and more powerful.

Unlike wakeboarding a bigger wave is even helpful to beginners.   it's easier to learn Balance, speed control,  etc when you have a bigger pocket.  With advanced riders having the room for one more pump,  gets you that much more speed for bigger better tricks.   Even on things like 360's and transfers,  having extra wave only gives more forgiveness.  

So does it NEED it no, would i add bags to get the extra absolutely. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, potterm said:

Do you guys own one or surfed behind one with and without pnp ballast?

As above I am jealous, I would rate your boat the following way, with stock and wedge the only thing you should have to do for all four ways of surfing on both sides of wave is to move your front foot forward on your surfboard and that should make all four ways just plain perfect, not necessary when you have a crowd, the boat yours is supposed to kill can do that and you never get tired of it at that level and love it more when everybody shows up, of course your exceptional boat I would love to surf would be much better with your pnp, like @DarkSide, I do what he does to a little 20 foot axis, but surf each weekend your equivalent and I thought it was not so good when empty of people and fuel, but on a windy in your face day, I moved my front foot forward and all worts were treated, all problems solved, all 4 ways both sides sick when boat empty, I want to surf the ultimate wave with all the pnp, people(surfed the equivalent with 13 people and it was sick), but it was when it was empty that my surfing took off!!!!

11 minutes ago, potterm said:

Two 750s if they fit still would not put it over the max ballast

These are more guidelines than actual rules.  BUT, the 1500 pounds would come directly off of the ~2300 weight capacity plaquard.   So you would be ok as long as it's a small crew.   Or you ignore the plaque and add weight until the wave stops improving.   

• Like 1
Just now, DarkSide said:

These are more guidelines than actual rules.  BUT, the 1500 pounds would come directly off of the ~2300 weight capacity plaquard.   So you would be ok as long as it's a small crew.   Or you ignore the plaque and add weight until the wave stops improving.   

And that is the reason that its a plug and play vs built into the boat.

4 minutes ago, 05hammerhead said:

And that is the reason that its a plug and play vs built into the boat.

YES!  If bags are shipped from the factory, the boat has to be certified with them full.  If the hoses are there but no bags then, the builder does not have to certify that extra ballast.

Its a way of fudging the numbers without truly cheating.  This is also the beauty of the wedge and "simulated" ballast.  All you are certifying is the 50 pounds of metal, not "1500 pounds"

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, teamerickson said:

I'm sure your dealer could hook you up but I recommend checking with wakemakers. I think their bags are better then the flyhigh ones the dealers usually get.

+1 for wakemakers T shaped bags

1 hour ago, kerpluxal said:

When I rode behind it, it was with 750s in rear (pnp)... That was the only additional ballast that day besides people... However... I saw room for more bags ;)

Now that is funny, 23.5 ft boat with massive lockers and someone looking for the ultimate wave puts in bags too small for my 20 ft 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Nothing against Wakemakers but just FYI, Fly High has T bags as well as that is what the dealer put in mine.  

But the fitting size is larger with wakemakers so fill and drain times should be better. 

• Like 3

Contacted Wakemakers and they don't have the dimension and so don't have a recommendation.  Anyone have the dimensions of the rear locker?

17 hours ago, potterm said:

Contacted Wakemakers and they don't have the dimension and so don't have a recommendation.  Anyone have the dimensions of the rear locker?

Nice boat btw!

I run the 750 bags in the back and two 250 in the front if I don't have people in the boat. The wake is great:) You don't need the bags if you have enough people in the boat. Even with the bags there is room in the back for jackets. Put the sacks in you will love it.

• Like 2