Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What Length RCA's to hook up Zone Controller on 24 MXZ

ncarilli

Has anyone installed a zone controller on a 24 MXZ?  I am trying to figure out what length of RCA's to buy to run from the dash where I am mounting the zone controller to the amps and the black box.  I assume 4 sets is needed?  I am also trying to figure out how much speaker wire to buy, I am planning on wiring up one set of Rev 10's off of a JL HD750x1 as suggested... Do I just run one posative and negative up from the amp and wire the speakers together parallel?  I'm a little confused being its a one channel amp? 

I added a Wet Sounds WS420SQ to my 22 MXZ, and it's located on the helm under the touch screen on the right of the wheel.  I bought 4 meter cables and ran them in the tube that is under the floor that is at the back of the helm cavity and comes out in the other dash cavity where the amps/batteries are.  If you remove the sub, you'll find there is a tube that connects them.  If you're planning to go around the bow, you'll need far longer, of course.  And if you do like I did and go the route I went, I'd probably look for another meter at least, maybe more, as my 4-meter cables just barely made it.