Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Possibly Replacing graphics.. Need opinions

blytle473

I have been toying with the idea for a few years to remove the outdated tribal graphics on my 2004 Wakesetter. I don't know if I should pull the trigger or not. If I do pull the trigger, should I leave it bare, go with just some chrome Malibu Logos on the rear side (where the current "wakesetter" is) and just above the platform, or go for 2014 or 2017 Wakesetter graphics?

Feedback would be appreciated. I just can't make up my mind

DSC_0021_zpsnxr5mdjg.jpgDSC_0011_zpsjv2n3zht.jpgDSC_0004_zpspacm6fzg.jpg

Looks best bare to me, especially with that gel pattern.  Be prepared to do some buffing to get rid of the ghosting in the black.  There was ghosting on one side on my 3 year old VTX when I removed my huge transformer style wakesetter graphics.

Edited by oldjeep

If you incorporate it with a cut & polish she'll look new...trust me, you'll like what you see.  Although my gel pattern is different, I had the same graphics.  You'll be glad you did it.  If you're still on the fence then take some pictures and photoshop them so you can quickly compare them.

Nice Boat! Mine is the same colors except the red and black are swapped below the rub rail and I have a red bimini.  

I too keep contemplating on the best way to update my gel pattern.  One thought I have is to remove the tribal and add a partial wrap, then maybe update the graphics if I so desire.  Something like so?2004 malibu.png

Edited by blk93jeepzj
addition
1 hour ago, blk93jeepzj said:

Nice Boat! Mine is the same colors except the red and black are swapped below the rub rail and I have a red bimini.  

I too keep contemplating on the best way to update my gel pattern.  One thought I have is to remove the tribal and add a partial wrap, then maybe update the graphics if I so desire.  Something like so?2004 malibu.png

That's an interesting idea... I personally like the gel scheme. I just can't stand the graphics anymore. I like the idea of going completely naked more and more now. My only ideas now would be to add the Chrome "Malibu" stainless logo where the current wakesetter logo is. And for the transom add the smaller version of the stainless Malibu logo.

Side Rear (Current "Wakesetter") - http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1062

Transom - http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=733

2 hours ago, blytle473 said:

outdated tribal graphics on my 2004 Wakesetter.

I know a couple guys that got tribal tattoos during this time frame, it's not as easy to update them.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, blytle473 said:

I took a leap of faith today and took off the side graphics. I pulled the boat yesterday decided to finally do it and boy I am glad that I did. I only got to one side because its getting below freezing at night here in Michigan so I'd rather get the boat winterized before playing around with cosmetics. I don't know when will get to the other side, if worse comes to worse it will be in the spring. This picture was taken this afternoon right before I took it to Skiers Pier. I was surprised how little the exposed surface faded vs the surface that was under the sticker. Still needs a good buffing job but again, I think I will just get to it in the spring. Thanks for the input!

image1%201_zpsfsf39txm.jpg

Whoa !  That looks even better than I anticipated. And I anticipated awesome !

Sweet Ride !

Steve B.

ahopkins22LSV

Looks great naked!

I agree with @Raimie to get with DomedNumbers for new MC Numbers. I got some this year and they are awesome. Had them make customer trailer emblems too. I would ask them about making emblems for the rear corner if you want to go that route too. I am thinking of getting new rear corner emblems for our TXi in the same scheme as our MC and trailer emblems.

34 minutes ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Looks great naked!

I agree with @Raimie to get with DomedNumbers for new MC Numbers. I got some this year and they are awesome. Had them make customer trailer emblems too. I would ask them about making emblems for the rear corner if you want to go that route too. I am thinking of getting new rear corner emblems for our TXi in the same scheme as our MC and trailer emblems.

No need to get new new emblems, your '17 will have updated emblems.?

Seriously the domed numbers are great!