Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trickle charging dual battery setup

My boats in storage hours away so I can't remember the wiring setup.  I have 15' 23 dual battery setup.  If I have the battery switch to off and I want to put a battery tender with dual leads for both batteries is there any cross over cables on the batteries to not be able to run charging leads to each?

33 minutes ago, Capdoogie said:

If I have the battery switch to off and I want to put a battery tender with dual leads for both batteries

If wired in the most ideal and typical manor, off means each battery is isolated from each and all boat loads, except maybe the auto bilge.

If you have a dual bank charger, then it has a set of leads for each bank. Connect the leads to the appropriate terminals of each battery. 

36 minutes ago, Capdoogie said:

My boats in storage hours away

Just make sure you have the proper charger if you intend to leave it plugged in.