Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Carpeat wont dry - want to cover....

DirtTrailMedia

Not sure if would fit your application but I recently purchased an over the tower cover from Carver Covers for my 2008 LSV with the Illusion XS tower. I don't have to leave mine outside but I wanted something to use next year while the boat is sitting on the lift. This is not a custom cover in the since of an Evolution cover but it goes over the tower and swim platform and seems to fit fairly well. It does not have the ratchet straps but the multiple tie downs to the trailer. I went with the Sun Dura instead of the Sunbrella since it will be under a cover and I think it was about $500. Still more than the tarp but it is breathable and it gives you another option.

Let me know if you need me to find the catalog number of the one I purchased.

Thank you for the suggestion, that's a really good option. I don't mind spending $500 on a cover like that which would accomplish what I need. The current cover wraps around the tower so there are gaps for rain/leaves/anything to get into the boat. Being able to cover the entire boat like this would do exactly what I want and at the same cost of a shrink wrap the dealer claims can be used for 3-4 years.

This looks to be the one for me since I have the G3 tower: https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/boat_covers/MALIBU_264/SUNSCAPE_20_LSV_W-_ILLUSION_G3_TOWER_W-O_SWPF_W-_STRAP_SYSTEM_32810/

**** Nevermind, I called them and they said this cover does NOT go over the tower, it's essentially just like the cover I have that wraps around the tower.

Edited by DirtTrailMedia
Just now, DirtTrailMedia said:

Just be aware that thing is going to fit like a tarp since it is a generic fit.  If you care about it flapping you're going to have to go with something designed for your boat.

1 minute ago, oldjeep said:

Just be aware that thing is going to fit like a tarp since it is a generic fit.  If you care about it flapping you're going to have to go with something designed for your boat.

Yea the more I think about it, I might as well stick to the tarp idea, it's only $60

Even these covers that are custom fit (which I have, it just doesn't go over the tower), do you tow with these style? I noticed the ones I was looking at said they were towable but are all tie down style covers.

1 minute ago, DirtTrailMedia said:

Yea the more I think about it, I might as well stick to the tarp idea, it's only $60

Even these covers that are custom fit (which I have, it just doesn't go over the tower), do you tow with these style? I noticed the ones I was looking at said they were towable but are all tie down style covers.

I can't imagine towing with an over the tower cover on.  With my factory cover I tow, it has no tie-downs

On October 26, 2016 at 6:09 PM, minnmarker said:

Correct - the stringers separate the bilge into 3 sections but further forward there are holes where water can flow across and water gets in the outboard sections - and stays to some extent. Invest $5 in some epoxy and you'll have Dry carpet in the rear locker.

I had this same issue. I found that hole while doing the impeller change. It felt pretty deep and it was full of at least a few cups of water. It is on the driver's side rear locker. I'm trying to imagine how you guys fixed it with epoxy. Do you have to pull the carpet up in the locker to access it? Or forward of the locker and how to do you get to the holes? 

604780.jpg

4 hours ago, Air Tahoe said:

I had this same issue. I found that hole while doing the impeller change. It felt pretty deep and it was full of at least a few cups of water. It is on the driver's side rear locker. I'm trying to imagine how you guys fixed it with epoxy. Do you have to pull the carpet up in the locker to access it? Or forward of the locker and how to do you get to the holes? 

The hole we're talking about is the one on the inside of the transom at the back of the rear locker.  It is easily accessible by pulling up a bit of carpet.  You will see the nuts from the platform bracket.  That's why the hole is there.