Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Four Wet Sounds 6x9 or Two Wet Sounds Rev 10's ???

ncarilli

So I just purchased a 2014 24MXZ, it has the complete factory sounds system with the 3 Rockford amps, 4 MB Quart tower speakers, and Rockford sub.  I don't think the factory system sounds too bad but the tower speakers are junk.  I am considering replacing the MB Quart tower speakers with 4 Wet Sounds 6x9's in the Titian cans or removing the cans and installing 2 Wet Sounds Rev 10's.  I intend to add a zone controller but keep the factory amps for now.  What do you guys think would be better?  I kinda like the look of the titian cans but it would cost a little more to do 4 6x9's vs the 2 Rev 10's and I am wondering what will sound better?

Thanks

If each option is ideally powered then the peak output of four 6X9 HLCDs could match that of two Rev10s from a long distance projection standpoint. However, there is no doubt that a single pair of Rev10s will be better for sound quality. Lower midbass extension. Smoother response.

The tower amplifier is a big part of this equation also, so in either case, you will likely be upgrading the power to the tower.   

16 minutes ago, David said:

If each option is ideally powered then the peak output of four 6X9 HLCDs could match that of two Rev10s from a long distance projection standpoint. However, there is no doubt that a single pair of Rev10s will be better for sound quality. Lower midbass extension. Smoother response.

The tower amplifier is a big part of this equation also, so in either case, you will likely be upgrading the power to the tower.   

Thanks for the response David, it is actually cheaper to go with 2 Rev 10's so if that will sound better that will probably be the route I go.  Would I have to run new wires for the Rev 10's or could I use the wiring already ran to the tower for the factory speakers?  I will have to figure out what brackets to order I know Wet sounds makes mounting brackets for the G3 tower...

You've got the G3 single or G3 dual brackets. Then theres the Z5 bimini option for the G3 dual. If you are going to make an amp upgrade, you will want to upgrade the tower wiring, regardless of which speaker you go with. 

1 hour ago, MLA said:

You've got the G3 single or G3 dual brackets. Then theres the Z5 bimini option for the G3 dual. If you are going to make an amp upgrade, you will want to upgrade the tower wiring, regardless of which speaker you go with. 

I have the dual shelf setup from the factory.  I would imagine I remove the shelf and titian cans and wet sounds has new brackets that bolts on.