Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Covering for outdoor storage with a tower

DirtTrailMedia

This is the first Malibu that I've had with a tower, so covering for winter storage was never a problem. Just got this boat in September and for the first winter, it looks like I'll have to store it in my driveway instead of inside storage as I'd prefer, unless I find something soon.

Since I have the Illusion G3 Tower, the cover was altered to wrap around the tower and velcro, with the main rope connecting on each side with a ratchet hook (not sure what it's called). Here is the problem, it doesn't fit tight around the tower so leaves and rain can get through. What's the best way to seal the top around the tower to keep rain out? I was going to look into having the boat shrink wrapped but not sure how that's done with a tower, the goal is to seal the boat off completely to keep rain, leaves, mice, whatever else out.

Any suggestions and/or pictures of ideas is appreciated!

I was wonder if you could have the entire thing shrink wrapped, which would keep me from having to wrap the tower to protect it and remove the bimini top. I'm going to leave the boat uncovered for a few days to get everything dried out after the rain from the other day, I've got most of the seat cushions in my garage to dry out. Now I just need to find a place local to shrink wrap it :) Thank you very much for the info, you answered a few other questions I had been thinking about!