Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil extractor pumps

Just now, dalt1 said:

Ok, some one have a source for the adapter?

It depends on the hose.  My G23 was different from the X-30.

You can unscrew the fitting from the end of the oil drain hose (paying attention to not letting any oil drain out) and take it to the hardware store and match up what you need.  

10 minutes ago, 05hammerhead said:

Dumb question, but draining cold...does it just take longer or is it just not good practice?

Just takes longer.  I personally prefer to drain cold because all the oil is in the pan, rather than just after running when it is still draining back from everywhere.

3 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Just takes longer.  I personally prefer to drain cold because all the oil is in the pan, rather than just after running when it is still draining back from everywhere.

It seems with a pump like what Ive got, that it shouldnt have any problem pulling cold oil out either.  Maybe Ill try that next time. 

Just now, 05hammerhead said:

It seems with a pump like what Ive got, that it shouldnt have any problem pulling cold oil out either.  Maybe Ill try that next time. 

All the boats I did this year were cold, no issues at all removing the oil with my pump.