Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Flush Kit Recommendation for 2016 LSV

Setter2016

I think all 2016s have a hose connection already.  It is in the v drive compartment.  Are you looking for one for that mounts at the transom for easier access? 

Edited by hethj7

So I checked out the boat this weekend and was unable to find any hose connections in the engine compartment.  Any chance you can send me a picture of your hose connection.  Thank you.

Oddly I only have one during the build.  You can see it near the floor next to the yellow cap to check the v drive level.  It is the blue fitting next to the strainer and should be in the v- drive area under your rear seats, on the port side.  

17C33133-78DD-40D5-B294-92A5672B1AF5_zps

27 minutes ago, teamerickson said:

Can we use that instead of a fake a lake?

Yes

but is there a check valve for the garden hose water to not just drain out the fresh water pick up?

a ball valve would work well but you'd have to be sure it's open to not starve the engine. I would probably prefer to have a shut off valve just in case that plastic housing cracks or breaks

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 1

The shutoff valve (intake side) is on the hose off the top of that strainer if you follow the loop in that hose.  Seems odd that is the direction of flow but I closed that valve and ran at idle using that connection with no issues. 

Thank you so much for the photos.  Do you remember if you paid extra to have this installed at the time of purchase as an option or if it came standard with the boat.  According to my dealer, its an option and not standard.