Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone have trouble with local Malibu transferring factory warranty??

ncarilli

So I just purchased a 2014 24 MXZ with 99 hours on it, it was put into service June of 2015 so it has factory warranty till June of 2018.  I was going back and fourth about transferring the warranty but after reading about the screens going bad and I have two skins that are separating, and the rockford dash remote doesn't work I decided it would be best to transfer it.  My local Malibu dealer that is 1 hour away will not return my calls or emails to get this set up.  I contacted another Malibu dealer that is 3 hours away and they are more than helpful!  I am not sure what to do at this point???  I really don't want to drive 6 hours to drop it off and 6 hours to pick it back up but the dealer 1 hour away does not seem like they want my business being I did not purchase the new boat there!  Should I contact Malibu?  They may be even worse to deal with if I contact the manufacture, I only have 10 days to transfer after my purchase so I have to make a decision quick!  Thoughts?? 

Edited by ncarilli

I would call Malibu and see what they can do - they might light a fire under that dealer.  At least if you get ahold of Malibu they know you are trying to get it transferred.

I also just bought a new to me boat - it took about 3.5 weeks to get it all transferred over but I still haven't seen anything in the mail saying it is transferred.  The only thing I have is a screenshot sent from the seller showing me as the owner in the system for the warranty.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, gahvey said:

I would call Malibu and see what they can do - they might light a fire under that dealer.  At least if you get ahold of Malibu they know you are trying to get it transferred.

I also just bought a new to me boat - it took about 3.5 weeks to get it all transferred over but I still haven't seen anything in the mail saying it is transferred.  The only thing I have is a screenshot sent from the seller showing me as the owner in the system for the warranty.

I only saw a hull transfer document from malibu but it was transferred. 

16 hours ago, gahvey said:

Yea I have a call into Malibu and I am waiting for a call back, it's like the dealer doesn't want to help me because I didn't buy it there.  I am not sure why because its not like they don't get paid from Malibu for warranty work!  What did you end up paying for the boat inspection?  If they find thing wrong can they fix stuff then under warranty or do they have to wait for the paperwork to go through?

I think it was about $1000 or so.  The seller did all the paperwork before shipping the boat to me and we built it into the price of the boat.  My boat didn't have anything reported as wrong at that time but I do have a couple of things I am waiting on the warranty to transfer over completely before I get it fixed.  My dealer said they can't do warranty work unless it is in my name.

10 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

I only saw a hull transfer document from malibu but it was transferred. 

How long did it take you to see that document?  I heard from the seller that the warranty transferred about a week ago but I haven't seen anything from Malibu yet.

17 minutes ago, gahvey said:

How long did it take you to see that document?  I heard from the seller that the warranty transferred about a week ago but I haven't seen anything from Malibu yet.

If I remember if my memory serves me correctly it was maybe 6-8 weeks after purchase.

You can always call Malibu cust svc and check the status.

Edited by ConnollyCrew