Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Malibu LSV -Hate the Dual Battery Location

Setter2016

I have a 2016 LSV 25 and I hate the the dual batteries were placed under the front passenger side seat in the passenger compartment.  Does everyone get stuck with this and does anyone want to share other locations for the dual batteries and the steps to moving the batteries to said other locations?

Thanks.

Daniel

I suppose you could move them back to the old location in the observer's compartment. OR the older location in the rear locker. For years we had to put up with them in the observer's compartment and almost making that area useless for other storage. I like the new setup. I keep a clear plastic tub in there full of towels among other things I want to keep dry.

Thanks for replying.  In our prior boat, we put our boards in the storage under the passenger's side dash and observer seat.  With the dual battery's under the observer's seat, we can't lay the boards flat and fit them there.  Anyone move the batteries to under the seats in the rear corners of the passenger compartment?

only thing involved in moving them is cabling and labor. Theres nothing that requires the batteries to be where they are per se, Ive seen a tray fab's across the transom to hold the batteries as well as across the front of the engine bay (not a bu though). to make room.