Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best new wakeboat feature of 2017?

DarkSide

On 10/27/2016 at 0:53 PM, Fman said:

Understood but how often does this void happen?  I am ordering my 4th Malibu and never once have I ever experienced any gel problems or "voids".

I was polishing the surfer tonight getting her ready for consignment. ...found a row of small  holes in the bow....so now i am 2 for 2 with voids....

On 11/4/2016 at 4:11 PM, DarkSide said:

Ok here is a simple one!  Locking trunks!  i dont stay at resorts often, normally i do day trips.   However when we do stay out it would be really nice if there was a secure area that was lockable to store boards etc.  Carrying boards to your room every night is not a big deal, but this is one of those simple...little things!

My 05 has rear locks. 

23 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Not sure why they quit with locks....

Dark, not sure if you know or not but you will be happy to hear the ri's come with locking vdrive hatches. I spent a bunch of time crawling around a 237 today. On a negative side the factory sub box looks like it may be a pain to change. Looks to me like it is fiberglassed right into the floor. Will have to remove sub from the front to know for sure. 

4 hours ago, wheelman said:

Dark, not sure if you know or not but you will be happy to hear the ri's come with locking vdrive hatches. I spent a bunch of time crawling around a 237 today. On a negative side the factory sub box looks like it may be a pain to change. Looks to me like it is fiberglassed right into the floor. Will have to remove sub from the front to know for sure. 

I noticed that last week also.  having it glassed in and part of the boat is a good thing,  if size is adequate.  which it looks like it might be, so i suspect sealing the hole the wires go through,  and tuning may make a huge difference. 

I am hoping the transom section locks.  That would be the perfect location to store surfs.  

Edited by DarkSide
On 11/6/2016 at 3:37 PM, wheelman said:

The dealer is at the factory today.  and actually took some video.  Yes the subwoofer enclosure is 100% glassed in, so I am really hoping they sized it appropriately, looks close to right size.  So i am guessing it is a seal the wire hole and tune.  i read in a different article, they set amplifier gains to 30% or less, to ensure max volume stays clean.  This tells me there are tuning gains to be had.  Also opens the door to replacing the factory sub with a similar dual voice coil Focal.  that would take amp output to sub from 300W to 600W.  I am now confident there is an inexpensive good solution.  The rest of the stereo sounded pretty darn good.  Having it truly part of the hull will definitely help you feel the bass.

On 11/5/2016 at 7:20 PM, DarkSide said:

Not sure why they quit with locks....

Because metal keys sink  ?

Now when they get a number pad keyless entry that will be cool..or tie it into dash screen ! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The Hulk said:

Because metal keys sink  ?

Now when they get a number pad keyless entry that will be cool..or tie it into dash screen ! 

Unless the screen malfunctions...

9 hours ago, The Hulk said:

or you kill your battery and your ice cream money is locked up...man that would be a bad day!

That would be a Rookie move... i would never lock up things like my wallet, only true valuables, like surfboards.  That afternoon icecream cookie is amazing .... jus sayin 

56 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

That would be a Rookie move... i would never lock up things like my wallet, only true valuables, like surfboards.  That afternoon icecream cookie is amazing .... jus sayin 

Yea you won't need to lock up your empty wallet after that Ri257 purchase... you'll be searching the subfloor for change to buy your cookie dough cone! Haha

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

On a good day you can get enough change from the fountain at the mall to buy ice cream AND some gas....

Probably not going to make a dent in your 101 gallon gas tank

On 11/8/2016 at 9:50 PM, oldjeep said:

so does my 2012

My 05 has em, but Ive never locked em up anyway.  If someones going to bother trying to get into my boat, those tiny locks arent going to slow them down much, rather just make them do more damage to my boat trying to steal my sick life jackets.

8 minutes ago, 05hammerhead said:

My 05 has em, but Ive never locked em up anyway.  If someones going to bother trying to get into my boat, those tiny locks arent going to slow them down much, rather just make them do more damage to my boat trying to steal my sick life jackets.

Only time I've ever used mine is the one rental place we had where the boats couldn't be left in the water and we had to park them near the road.  Figured it just keeps out anyone looking for a quick score (who is not bright enough to just pull the seat cushions).

On 11/9/2016 at 10:57 AM, The Hulk said:

Yea you won't need to lock up your empty wallet after that Ri257 purchase... you'll be searching the subfloor for change to buy your cookie dough cone! Haha

Ha. We have a little "shack" within about 10 feet of the boat ramp. The have 30 flavors of Hershey's ice cream, all kinds of cookies, pop, etc. Rachel, who runs it, also cooks sloppy joe's, bbq ribs, chili dogs !  Not only that, but the local pizza places will deliver right to your boat !

And I wonder why my weight keeps going up, despite my lake exercise  ;)

Steve B.

25 minutes ago, Steve B. said:

Ha. We have a little "shack" within about 10 feet of the boat ramp. The have 30 flavors of Hershey's ice cream, all kinds of cookies, pop, etc. Rachel, who runs it, also cooks sloppy joe's, bbq ribs, chili dogs !  Not only that, but the local pizza places will deliver right to your boat !

And I wonder why my weight keeps going up, despite my lake exercise  ;)

Steve B.

Nice! I hear ya!

we have a YoYo's Ice Cream branch location right near one of the ramps, its a place where you throw all your toppings on and they just "weigh" it and charge by the weight....kids love it!

also on the lake is great Bistro Rest/Bar, + Mexican Restaurant/Bar, + Tom's Doughnuts (great for mornings)  + jimmys Bar(smokers haven) + Club Paradise Rest/Night Bar + Mad Ants Brew House Rest/Bar + Daves Lake Shack Rest/Bar... all on the lake fun to drive and park the boat and go to these places....

....and Best of All a floating house-boat sand-bar Grill that serves up awesome steaks/burgers/chicken/ice-cream when your out on the lake at the sandbar! 

.....and yea myself as well can not seem to loose any weight in the summer regardless of how much i surf it off! haha

3 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Only time I've ever used mine is the one rental place we had where the boats couldn't be left in the water and we had to park them near the road.  Figured it just keeps out anyone looking for a quick score (who is not bright enough to just pull the seat cushions).

Yup, in those cases I cover the boat.