Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Best new wakeboat feature of 2017?

DarkSide

9 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

From what I have heard it is a nightmare to repair as you have to pull the motor and transmission to do anything. If anything is out of adjustment an engine pull ends up happening again.

I'd love to see a picture. Not a lot of room under most engines but I would think a simple mechanical linkage could be r&r with specialty tools unless designed by the same guy who designed the oil filter location in a six cylinder chevycitation ;)

6 hours ago, DarkSide said:

Moderators:

I believe we have concluded that one of the best new features in 2017 is that the boats have become so large and heavy, that they "justify" the purchase of a 3/4+ tow vehicle (preferrably diesel).  

Only the big stupid surf boats for the large or prematurely aged;) (ducking)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, RedOwl said:

At first they made their own towers. Then their own trailers. Next, their own tow vehicles.

Malibu is just starting to dip their toe in the water.

Its a #gamechanger.  i am seeing not the 1980's roll bars, but a modified G4....Dodge style mirrors.   down position 22vlx and smaller, ears up 23LSV and larger. ...lol

Edited by DarkSide
18 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Its a #gamechanger.  i am seeing not the 1980's roll bars, but a modified G4....Dodge style mirrors.   down position 22vlx and smaller, ears up 23LSV and larger. ...lol

I think @ibelonginprisonis onto something with those fancy  spoilers.

0DD9FC79-B70F-4473-B281-80818D1D2712_zps

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 3
49 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Pretty sure it is a 4wd as it sits higher than mine does.

Anyways - to be sort of back on topic

I'd say this is a pretty cool new feature - Looks like enough space to keep skis

mc424.jpg

MCs have had that huge port side pass-through for a lot of years now...

top.png

I always loved the rear seats on the MCs, not new, but love em.  Question though - Do all states have laws like MN where you cant be in those seats when the boat is in motion?

• Like 1
Just now, oldjeep said:

Guess it is only new to me then ;)  Newer Mastercrafts are pretty rare around here, almost as rare as Nautique

This is true, about all you see is Malibus around here.  Last year there were 40+ inboards docked on my lake.  1 Moomba, 1 old MC Stars and Stripes skier, 2 X2s, 1 Supra, 2 Gs, and 1 230, the rest malibus or Axis.

The rear seats are super comfy, but same thing no one allowed when in motion.   i dont see a ton on MC here though.   This is a very good market for everyone else though.  MB does very well here, Nautique, Centurion, and Malibu/Axis all do fairly well.   The ones we don't see many of are MC, Supra, and Tige

Edited by DarkSide

Lake Mead, the largest man made reservoir in the country, and all you see are Malibu/Axis and a few nice Nautiques. There is a small Nautique dealer and even a Tige dealer, but if you want to buy or demo anything else, you gotta leave the state. 

Ok here is a simple one!  Locking trunks!  i dont stay at resorts often, normally i do day trips.   However when we do stay out it would be really nice if there was a secure area that was lockable to store boards etc.  Carrying boards to your room every night is not a big deal, but this is one of those simple...little things!

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 2

My 2002 LSV has them...either they are aftermarket or they dropped the locks?  I would certainly expect them (even if only as an option) on a new boat.  Hopefully they are a little beefier than the ones I have.

Just now, formulaben said:

My 2002 LSV has them...either they are aftermarket or they dropped the locks?  I would certainly expect them (even if only as an option) on a new boat.  Hopefully they are a little beefier than the ones I have.

03 vlx had them as well. 

Niether of my MXZ has a way to lock anything other than glove box.  It could be because there is no dividers in the wells.  it is one continuous space from transom to observer.  obviously depth changes, but it is one opening.

My 2010 had locking vdrive latches, but I would never use any lock on a boat. When someone wants in now they are gonna break something and do a lot more damage and steal my stuff that I shouldn't have left in there in the first place. 

• Like 3