Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oh man should I or Shouldn't I? trade for 17 lsv

powderjay

Speaking philosophically, if you bought yourself 22K worth of happiness then it is obviously worth it.  I am stoked for you.   I lost about that much going from a 15 G23 to a 16 G23, and I am happy about it.  

I get uneasy at the guys who plan on losing nothing on their purchase.  Sooner or later, owning a boat costs you, especially if you hit the wrong part of an economic cycle.  I plan on it, then feel pleasantly surprised that it hasn't hurt me badly yet.  Both major presidential candidates have made some significant promises that could be bad for the economy.  

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 1

So your basically spending $10k/yr for family fun, happiness, etc.  Thats not bad, i always compare to a day in an amusement park/NFL game, etc.   For groups of 5+ people these are minimum $500/day.   I average 40 days a year on the water,  so comparatively is not as bad.   

Congrats on the new BU!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DarkSide said:

So your basically spending $10k/yr for family fun, happiness, etc.  Thats not bad, i always compare to a day in an amusement park/NFL game, etc.   For groups of 5+ people these are minimum $500/day.   I average 40 days a year on the water,  so comparatively is not as bad.   

Congrats on the new BU!

10k/yr... Is that including fuel/maintenance/etc?  Just curious.

3 hours ago, DarkSide said:

@hethj7 absolutely!  IF you need confirmation,  look through the pictures of your last week long vacation, then compare to a YEAR of boating pictures!  I am not suggesting never go on Vacation, but comparing this way really helps me justify my addiction to myself.   I have a family of 5 also so I feel your pain.  

My personal favorite part is the lakes we frequent,  do not have phone service.   So people have to participate in conversation!  

My family is blessed enough we get the boat and a vacation.  Lots of hard work in between but we got it pretty good!

• Like 2
13 hours ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

10k/yr... Is that including fuel/maintenance/etc?  Just curious.

No,  but only Had one service due to low hours and timing with my free winterization.  Overall not to bad.  Gas was often picked up by visitors enjoying the boat as well.

7 hours ago, powderjay said:

No,  but only Had one service due to low hours and timing with my free winterization.  Overall not to bad.  Gas was often picked up by visitors enjoying the boat as well.

DO you include your monthly payment?

Is this a loss from what you gave for the boat or what you owe?

5 hours ago, ponderosasurf said:

As a 22 year old kid who grew up with a boat from age 10, I can add this. I have been on the week long vacations to all inclusive resorts. But, if you offered me an all inclusive vacation to Mexico or a week at the lake with family and friends, I would pick the lake any day. I would imagine your kids will have the same experience. The lake has brought my family closer than any vacation or other experieince could. I remind my parents every weekend that the costs associated with the boat are worth it, and I would be hard pressed to know they would disagree.

The memories had at the lake will be lifelong and I am excited to have the same experiences with my family in the future.

Coming from the same age group I agree completely. I've been blessed enough that my family has gone on cruises, week long trips to Florida, the Caribbean, etc. but the favorite family vacation is by far our houseboating trip to Lake Cumberland. There's nothing like being on a houseboat for a week and all there is to do is boat and hang with family. I would even take a weekend at the cottage over most of those vacations. Luckily I don't have to convince or remind my parents that the boat is worth it as even they've been boating every weekend since before I was alive but there's no doubt that the memories we have made on the water are worth far more than the boat or the gas that goes in it. 

On 11/1/2016 at 4:04 PM, The Hulk said:

umm yea... i know....i think they are dropping it, either its too big for around here or the colors...

but a freakin steal with a G4 with Quad Rev8s & PTMS !!!!!

There you go @granddaddy55

Like I said there's alkwsys room and you already walked and this was his comeback, sly Stallone version

this is low enough to skip tax credit and max out on yours with private sale. Put down cash and sell yours or press him now on the trade value, Cut throat!

conversation starts, "Just one more thing to make me feel right about this, so that I can sign today "

Edited by granddaddy55
On 11/1/2016 at 10:17 PM, The Hulk said:

I personally HATE yellow with a passion... The black helps a lot... Yellow and white is bad.. yellow flake is at least better...still.. I would never do it as I feel resale is bad because maybe I'm odd but it is strange that every yellow boat I've seen at dealers never sells until they dump it... although that's the best one I've seen so far... I am superstitious and believe that  yellow and not selling are directly related in my experience.. haha

Sorry bro that thing is georgious, st that price it's scintillating.  Sly Stallone edition, buy that for a name decal

4 hours ago, granddaddy55 said:

Like I said there's alkwsys room and you already walked and this was his comeback, sly Stallone version

this is low enough to skip tax credit and max out on yours with private sale. Put down cash and sell yours or press him now on the trade value, Cut throat!

conversation starts, "Just one more thing to make me feel right about this, so that I can sign today "

I like mine better.. and my wife would kill me since she has named my boat " Blue Sparkles".. yea..yeaaaaaa no comments haha

48 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

I like mine better.. and my wife would kill me since she has named my boat " Blue Sparkles".. yea..yeaaaaaa no comments haha

Not judging....happy wife happy life.   

From "the hulk" big bad and green. ...to Blue Sparkles....lol

• Like 2

I want a special boat but a note just ruins it for me, cuts down my enjoyment, when it's too hot to mess with putting up my tower , I ride my buddies G on a lift, bring gas only work, if I had a note I would force mine out and go through the sweating mess of setting mine up, still got 90 hours on mine this year, but to really enjoy it I need to leave tower up and covered in driveway, A note would make it seem like an obligation instead of the outright blast that it is, I'm cheap too, even if I could afford it I still wouldn't want the note and would go cheap like I did 

Edited by granddaddy55
16 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

Not judging....happy wife happy life.   

From "the hulk" big bad and green. ...to Blue Sparkles....lol

I definitely go by that, wife got final say so on boat purchase and now she's a ripping surfer and is back to riding wakeboard after a very serious riding accident 6 yrs ago .  I also believe in buying them lots of gear for all sports, my wife could dress 5 girls for snow skiing on the same day and have a jacket and pants left over

On 11/3/2016 at 4:25 PM, DatTexasBoy said:

DO you include your monthly payment?

Is this a loss from what you gave for the boat or what you owe?

I had no monthly payment.   Payed cash for a 13 years ago, traded that in on the 15, and now trading in the 15 on a 17.  I usually buy used so this is very uncharacteristic of me. 

• Like 1