Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

removal of driver's foot rest to ease installation of heater

I am installing a heater in the area below the dash and would like to remove the panel ( foot rest?) so that it will be easier to mount the heater. I have no issues with the connection or routing of the lines and heater lines. How do I remove the panel? 

My Malibu is an '06 Monsoon 340 Response LXi .

1-3 screws along the bottom on a 45 degree angle and 1-2 on each side. Use a 1" putty knife to find their approximate locations. 

Not saying it's a better option for you or anyone else but I mounted mine in the observer compartment on the back wall since i had plenty of room in my 06 and 07. I don't have any special valves back at the engine for draining so I pull the hoses at the core (never had any water drain out of the core since its elevated and the last thing I drain and haven't popped a core yet). I was able to install 3 pullout hot tubes that can reach any where in the cabin. 

Good luck with the install, it's a great a great mod :thumbup:

Edited by Ndawg12