Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Put some RV antifreeze in my freezer last night and it's frozen to slush this morning

Is this normal? I put a half cup of the Walmart Supertech -50 degree antifreeze in my freezer and it froze, not solid but slushy. Menards sells a -50 degree Splash brand and another -70 degree product. I might try those tonight to see what they do. I had no idea -50 degree antifreeze isn't really good to -50 degrees.

Burst protection does not mean it won't slush.  It all will start to slush at way warmer Temps than the burst protection lable.  It won't freeze solid till the burst protection number. 

you sure it was propylene glycol based and not ethylene glycol?  A guy on TT did an experiment using different forms of antifreeze and the EG based stuff just tore apart the metal.  

If I don't dry block it, I make sure to use PG based AF

Edited by bamaboy