Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where else can I look for a truck?

Arick

I'm trying to get into a 2012-14 silverado 1500 4x4 crew cab with low miles.  I'm a cheap a**, so I like to look around for a "Deal".  I've checked autotrader, cars.com, craigslist/searchtempest, ebay, some dealerships websites, a few groups on facebook and some local places.  Where else could I look?

carsoup - lots of dealers advertise there. That is where we found the SUV I bought for my daughter a few months ago. Although funny thing is that sometimes a brand new 2016 that they are trying to get rid of will be a better deal than a 2 year old truck.

Edited by oldjeep
Just now, Arick said:

I hope you're kidding!

Nope. but was wrong

sold the 1500 with 25,000 miles last month for $8000 and the 2500 with 27,000 miles for $12000

also sold a 2000 mercedes wagon with 92000 for $7000

6 minutes ago, itznowonder said:

Nope. but was wrong

sold the 1500 with 25,000 miles last month for $8000 and the 2500 with 27,000 miles for $12000

Now everyone on the forum is going to ask how they can get in on deals like that?

I would like two of each please :)

Just now, barefootpaul said:

Now everyone on the forum is going to ask how they can get in on deals like that?

I would like two of each please :)

No kidding!  Just remember I had dibs :P  

10 minutes ago, itznowonder said:

Nope. but was wrong

You can get all sorts of deals like that at Copart - some reassembly required ;)

They were all in good shape, i ws told to get rid of everything. Should have seen the furniture I got rid of. Anyone need a really nice pool table or 5 theatre seats? :)

2 minutes ago, itznowonder said:

They were all in good shape, i ws told to get rid of everything. Should have seen the furniture I got rid of. Anyone need a really nice pool table or 5 theatre seats? :)

If you weren't so far away!

14 minutes ago, Arick said:

Seems to be a bit pricey still.  Am I missing something?

They are the highest volume dealer in America. I've had a few friends fly out and drive one home because they were cheaper than local. 

I'm just giving you another place to look. 

On 10/18/2016 at 7:06 AM, malibu2004 said:

They are the highest volume dealer in America. I've had a few friends fly out and drive one home because they were cheaper than local. 

I'm just giving you another place to look. 

Last time I called them, they actually gave me the option when quoting prices of flying me out there. Although I didn't find there prices to be that great except on the "special ad prices". Local dealers were right there with them (within a few hundred dollars) before negotiating and dave smith doesn't negotiate.