Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Any 5.7L Tundra owners out there?

Fman

13 hours ago, RTS said:

A Broker to find a used truck???....for Heaven's sake you are not shopping for a Porsche 356 or something!  :)

Believe it or not it might actually save me a few thousand dollars.  This guy came highly recommended and so far I have been impressed, we will see what he can come up with.

5 hours ago, nyryan2001 said:

How much do you have to pay a broker ?

Its built into his kick backs from all dealers he works with.

He did get back to me today, what do you think of this?  He locates you a SR5 with TRD package (upgraded wheels, tailgate highlight, etc), and a few other add ons (front captains seats which is a must for me, not a fan of that bench seat they offer), then sends the truck out for a leather conversion w/heated seat install.  This will put you quite a bit under what a comparable limited would cost brand new.  You wont get a sunroof, vented seats for A/C, but just about everything else is the same but the truck is badged with the SR5.  He does this on all different types of vehicles, leather is warrantied for 5 years (better than the Toyota warranty and equal or better in quality).  You can also customize your leather (different stitching colors/patterns).  I am considering going this route on a 2016, which also comes with a 2 year service agreement (no maint for 2 years, everything is included).  I am heading to my local dealer Saturday to test drive a 2017 Limited, I will get a good idea of what the price differential will be.

On 10/19/2016 at 6:25 PM, Fman said:

Nice find, that is what I am looking for.  I have a broker looking at some options for me right now, will see what happens over the next few weeks.

If you go with this one, make sure they include a shifter knob

On 10/20/2016 at 11:15 PM, Fman said:

Its built into his kick backs from all dealers he works with.

He did get back to me today, what do you think of this?  He locates you a SR5 with TRD package (upgraded wheels, tailgate highlight, etc), and a few other add ons (front captains seats which is a must for me, not a fan of that bench seat they offer), then sends the truck out for a leather conversion w/heated seat install.  This will put you quite a bit under what a comparable limited would cost brand new.  You wont get a sunroof, vented seats for A/C, but just about everything else is the same but the truck is badged with the SR5.  He does this on all different types of vehicles, leather is warrantied for 5 years (better than the Toyota warranty and equal or better in quality).  You can also customize your leather (different stitching colors/patterns).  I am considering going this route on a 2016, which also comes with a 2 year service agreement (no maint for 2 years, everything is included).  I am heading to my local dealer Saturday to test drive a 2017 Limited, I will get a good idea of what the price differential will be.

I have a colleague who did that with a Sequoia about 10 years ago.  Leather held up to his kids growing up just fine.

Is the new Tundra supposed to have a ton of bed shake?  

I was driving slightly behind and next to a brand new (still had temp tags) 1794 Edition. 

The road is bumpy from them tarring the seams and I am guessing some improper paving techniques from years ago. Something you can drive on at any speed (we were doing about 40) but you notice it is bumpy.

That bed was shaking like crazy. The cab seemed dead stable but the bed had a ton of movement. Quad cab, short bed truck.

My guess was either really weak bed mounts or frame flex.

4 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

I was driving slightly behind and next to a brand new (still had temp tags) 1794 Edition. 

The road is bumpy from them tarring the seams and I am guessing some improper paving techniques from years ago. Something you can drive on at any speed (we were doing about 40) but you notice it is bumpy.

That bed was shaking like crazy. The cab seemed dead stable but the bed had a ton of movement. Quad cab, short bed truck.

If I drove like this over bumps I would for sure get a Raptor. I love modern marketing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2016 at 4:44 PM, Nitrousbird said:

The previous gen F150 was really bad for this too.  Watch the back corners bounce around on one of those sometime.