Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Opinions on 2014 23 LSV w/ 572

AggieTJ

I am looking at this boat currently.

http://www.waterskiamerica.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=379261&pov=4475780

Are there any issues with the Monsoon 572SS or this boat in general.  I found some older threads about the LSA's overheating when idled for too long but has this been corrected?

The primary use of the boat will be wakesurfing / wakeboarding and taking the kids out on the lake.

This is not our first boat but it will be our first wake boat. 

That price is way high. They are pricing that boat with full $$ engine upgrade like it was new.

unless you are running high altitude I personally don't believe that size motor is needed or see a performance benefit from it.

call me biased with a 350 and 2419 prop , but I've been in a 409, and 450 and didn't notice much of a difference in performance to mine, except the GPH , the 350 sips gas in comparison.

that being said , I'd look for a 15-16 with new dash, PW2 with a 409,  for probably less than that $93k.

you may have to look out of market to find what you want, but I know there are dealers out west with left over 16's that they would probably like to move off their Floor credit line.

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 2

Not to mention the 16's have a different transmission ratio and 5 year warranty, and with all the electronics is only a plus and good peace of mind for you.  The Raptor 410 is also getting very good reviews, some say as good as the LS3.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Stevo said:

That price is way high. They are pricing that boat with full $$ engine upgrade like it was new.

unless you are running high altitude I personally don't believe that size motor is needed or see a performance benefit from it.

call me biased with a 350 and 2419 prop , but I've been in a 409, and 450 and didn't notice much of a difference in performance to mine, except the GPH , the 350 sips gas in comparison.

that being said , I'd look for a 15-16 with new dash, PW2 with a 409,  for probably less than that $93k.

you may have to look out of market to find what you want, but I know there are dealers out west with left over 16's that they would probably like to move off their Floor credit line.

Depends.  The 5.7 and the 6.0 are similar.  The LS3 motor was a good upgrade.  The 572 LSA is dynamite and well worth a bit of a premium IMO.  Not full value, but drive both boats back to back and it's a night and day experience in some regards.  Sure they both surf well, but the LSA does it much easier, is very fuel efficient, and so on.    

Benefits of the LSA?  The gear ratio IS the benefit.  You can surf at low RPMs, so it's very quiet, pull any amount of weight, and still do 47mph which makes cruising at 35 a breeze and still relatively quiet.  Reliability has been much better 2014 and on.  Some of the very early ones did have a few cooling issues, but those were solved.

That being said $93k is a stretch.  I'm selling mine in the high $80s with more options, high-end Wet Sounds stereo, plumbed in bags/reversible pumps, 135hours and a max option trailer.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Moving to a '17 23LSV. This has been the best Malibu we've owned. Looking forward to the next one.

What is the difference between a 2016 and 2017 other than the G3.5?  Did they change much between these years?

Nothing major that I have heard of other than the rear tank shape, 7" screen options, a little different on the G3 tower and the stereo setup. I haven't had a chance to look at one real close yet though. Went through a 22 MXZ at Surf Expo, that boat has changed. 

We used to change boats every other year. The last boat we kept for 5. Going to go to every year for a while and see how that works. 

51 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Nothing major that I have heard of other than the rear tank shape, 7" screen options, a little different on the G3 tower and the stereo setup. I haven't had a chance to look at one real close yet though. Went through a 22 MXZ at Surf Expo, that boat has changed. 

We used to change boats every other year. The last boat we kept for 5. Going to go to every year for a while and see how that works. 

I own a 2016 23 lsv that we bought in August of 2015. We love the boat and it currently has a 150 hours on it. We have it for sale and are going to design our own or take one off our dealers floor. We like the changes to the 17 so we are hoping that we can sell soon. I know it is not the time to sell, but in Las Vegas we can boat year around so it could go before spring. Now is the one of the best times to go to the lake, but we don't want to put any more hours on our boat so we are excited to get into a new one. Ronnie, how many hours did you put on your 2016?  

I think it's around 85 hours for this season since March. About our normal use for the year. We live on the lake so most of our outings are 3 hours or less. The good thing about these boats vs the <'13 boats is the speed to get the boat ready to use. We start the ballast fill as we are leaving our dock, by the time we are out in the lake, it's ready to go. No listing and who ever rides first chooses their side to ride on. No more goofy riders waiting for the regular riders to get their sets in and re-ballast the boat. Switch the gates and go. There's no telling how many hours on the water we have spent over the years changing ballast to the other side and back in all the time we have been surfing. Most of that time with the engine running to supply enough power to all the factory and reversible pumps.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

As much as I am looking forward to ordering a 2017 lsv I am also kind of bummed, guessing the 2018 will be a total redesign but I can't go an entire year without a boat.  This is speculation on my part, but I see a 17" prop coming along with other changes in the 2018 models (25lsv/22vlx gel scheme).  If history repeats itself the lsv will be up next for a redesign.  With a 5 year warranty now this boat will more than likely be a 4 year purchase for us this time around.  I always did every other year because of the warranty expiring.

2 minutes ago, Fman said:

As much as I am looking forward to ordering a 2017 lsv I am also kind of bummed, guessing the 2018 will be a total redesign but I can't go an entire year without a boat.  This is speculation on my part, but I see a 17" prop coming along with other changes in the 2018 models (25lsv/22vlx gel scheme).  If history repeats itself the lsv will be up next for a redesign.  With a 5 year warranty now this boat will more than likely be a 4 year purchase for us this time around.  I always did every other year because of the warranty expiring.

To stay with your 2 year plan. Go try to find you a leftover '16 that fits your likes. OR, I'll ship you mine... :) You know that you'll want an '18 when they come out.

I already checked all 2016's, no color schemes I even came close to liking.  Go figure, they are left over 16's for a reason. Plus, I have too good of a relationship with my local dealer.  For as much as these boats cost you really gotta be all in on the way it looks :-)

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

To stay with your 2 year plan. Go try to find you a leftover '16 that fits your likes. OR, I'll ship you mine... :) You know that you'll want an '18 when they come out.

No G4 :-( a must for me this time around.  You have a beautiful boat, I am sure it will sell quickly.

Crazy thing about my experience with selling these boats. I've always sold my boats to someone clear across the country. Chicago, Virginia, New Hampshire, Nashville. I even delivered one to the East coast years ago.