Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Knock sensor rusts bad

99 Response. Monsoon engine.

About the 3rd time or so over the years that the end threads on the knock sensor rust out bad and it won't go back in when I drain the block for the winter. Gotta buy another one.

Anyway to prevent this?

Should I worry about the threads on the engine side?

Thanks Crew!!

Engine block threads should be ok, but easy enough to chase with a thread cutter.

Knock sensor suffers from galvanic corrosion, dissimilar metal, electrical current, just plan to replace every couple years. The ones from places like bakes and ski dim last longer than from the autostart stores.

My new one arrives friday for the 05.

I inadvertently stripped the threads on one of my block plugs and need to replace it.  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?  I searched Bakes but couldn't be certain which is right.  

57 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

I inadvertently stripped the threads on one of my block plugs and need to replace it.  Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?  I searched Bakes but couldn't be certain which is right.  

Lowes, Home Depot?

1 hour ago, saxton15 said:

should just be a 1/4 npt brass pipe plug