Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2010 Wakesetter Indmar Monsoon 350 Fuel Pressure Regulator

I've been struggling with a BAD engine misfire the past few days.  After replacing the normal maintenance items (cap, rotor, plugs) I even went as far as to replace the ignition coil.  It all helped, but only the slightest bit.  Finally went to Auto Zone to get a fuel pressure tester kit.  The fuel pressure is right at 60 while the engine is running, but drops immediately (60=>30psi within 10 seconds) when I turn off the engine.  It also does the same thing if I turn the boat to ON, let the fuel pump pressurize the system and then turn is back off (without starting the engine).  With stainless steel braided gas lines I can't crimp those to identify if the issue is in the pump/filter or if it's in the injectors.  For those of you that know this engine, the GEN3 filter is built into the fuel pump.  Can anyone tell me if the regulator is built in as well (it looks to be the case, but I'd like someone to confirm).  Below is a link to the filter regulator.  Second part of the question is there any way to confirm which part has actually failed?  I'm thinking that since the boat has pressure while the engine is running that the pump itself is fine and that it's either an issue with the filter regulator or a leaky injector(s)?  Is any way to determine that without crimping the fuel line?

FYI - I have 1200 hours on the boat.

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1556

• 10 months later...

These regulators suck. I'm having issues with mine. Fuel pressure bleeds off to zero in just a few seconds. While running, the pressure bounces around like crazy.

I'm replacing the entire fuel pump assembly to get a fresh start.

To get the hose off the pump you need a fuel line quick disconnect tool. $10 on Amazon.

Edited by boardjnky4