Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bakes website - read this

oldjeep

57 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

You might want to stay off Bakes website for a bit, they seem to have been at least partially hacked.  When clicking on the engine link on their site it starts poping up new browser windows and one of them had a voice that came on, said my hard drive was compromised and that I needed to call some number before it was erased in 5 minutes.  I've emailed Paul and Andrew about it, and nothing actually got on my machine which has multiple layers of virus/malware protection on it.  I just went to task manager and terminated the browser processes without clicking on any of them.

Did you call the Bakes team?

Just now, Malibuzer said:

Did you call the Bakes team?

I emailed Paul and Andrew and they have received the email.  Paul said that he was not able to duplicate it himself.  My guess would be that he had a popup blocker running since I have been able to duplicate the issue in Internet Explorer and Chrome in a clean VM

• Like 2

Some of that can come through outdated java and flash exploits. Make sure those add ons are patched to the latest versions for each browser in the case of flash. 

23 hours ago, oldjeep said:

You might want to stay off Bakes website for a bit, they seem to have been at least partially hacked.  When clicking on the engine link on their site it starts poping up new browser windows and one of them had a voice that came on, said my hard drive was compromised and that I needed to call some number before it was erased in 5 minutes.  I've emailed Paul and Andrew about it, and nothing actually got on my machine which has multiple layers of virus/malware protection on it.  I just went to task manager and terminated the browser processes without clicking on any of them.

That is a brutal thing to say about someones website...unless i am in danger of being hacked as well if i go onto the site and unless you know for sure what is going on (sorry but i do not know your IT background).

I ordered stuff yesterday, got some pop ups too.  We watch our 1 credit card very closely, wife gets an email everytime there is a transaction.  And, we change the number out twice a year or so to keep old data irrelevant.

3 minutes ago, oldjeep said:

Well, I consider it fair warning when a website is throwing up malware.  As for my IT background 24 years in software/database design

I think from what I see in  the post's oldjeep did what is respectable to all of us. He mad contact with the owners of the site and if they feel they have any issues worked out a simple email back to our site will I am sure restore the use. I think from what I see on this sit we respect the service we have received from Bakes. For me I would rather deal with a phone call to them to order something rather then trying or spending the time to restore my computer. So for me thank you oldjeep and hope Bakes get all worked out and back on line safely. They have been a good upstanding business I would not expect any difference in the future.   

• Like 3

From this newb's perspective, I am growing to really like Bake's service.  They sold my boat to the original owner back in 1998, and to my knowledge, have been in the business long before that.  They really seem to know Malibus both former and present, and can make good suggestions.  I plan on ordering from them when it is an option as I have very much appreciated the phone service they have provided, and when I get service like that, I feel an obligation to buy the item from the place helping me make my selection.  Bummer they are having a problem with the website, but the fact they are, and are working on it, in no way impacts my decision to shop from them.  

• Like 1

Crew,

As of last night we are all back up and running. It takes some time for changes to propagate to the world so if you go on the site it might still show that it is down today. If you have a issue, trying clearing your cache and re visit the site, your browser might be looking at a cache'd version of our site If you have any issues please let me know so I can help sort it out but from what I can tell and the orders coming in we are dialed back in and running 100%

We really appreciate all your business and support! 

Sincerely, 

-Paul

PS: Big changes and updates coming soon for our online store, we have been working on it for almost 2 years... After the site going down the past few days it cannot come soon enough!!!! Stay tuned! 

• Like 3