Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 VLX Silver Edition question

Medicaptain

Hi all (first post, just joined)

I am very close to purchasing a 2007 VLX SE (Silver Edition) Black/Green and have a few questions that my internet searching is not helping and making the decision even more difficult.  I am just trying to confirm that this boat is an SE or not....it makes a big difference in the NADA book values....significantly actually. Any and all information would be very helpful.....I may not be a Malibu owner yet....but I will be within 24 hours and will post MANY pics...it is a gorgeous boat.

1-It has the 400hp Monsoon motor

2-The "Silver Edition" is not on the side of the boat (I have only actually seen this on the Black/Silver/Gray one's so far)

3-The trailer fender, glove box and steering wheel have "25th Anniversary" on it....but not "Silver Edition"

What's the verdict MCrew members?

Never heard of it either, but after some google search it checks out. the silver is the 25th edition.

If the boat you are getting say its>>> http://www.waterskimag.com/boat-reviews/2006/11/10/malibu-2007-wakesetter-vlx-silver-edition

and looks like this >>>http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-MALIBU-Wakesetter-VLX-SE-102833582

Edited by airshark360

It is neither of those two pics, I am looking for a suitable pic to load.....the one I am looking at is Black and green with white in the lower portion of the hull

I too do not believe it to be an SE.....I would think a "Silver Edition" would actually be Silver.....which is why I am here asking people who know more than I do....

Thanks for the replies...I will load a pic asap. I guess my next question would be......Did all 2007 models have the "25th Anniversary" emblems?

yep.....just confirmed that the one I am looking at is not an SE as I suspected....I hope that Silver Edition has alot of extras...it booked for almost $15k more

Sincere thank you to all for the info.....see ya soon

Not the best pics in the ad but hopefully you all can see how someone new to Malibu would get confused......it is a very clean boat, heading for a test ride on the lake tomorrow (97 degree forecast)...I just needed to get the straight scoop on the book price.  The current owner is a stand up guy from ALL of my interactions with him....I think he may have just cut and pasted some tainted information....

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/boa/5816257806.html

2 hours ago, Medicaptain said:

Not the best pics in the ad but hopefully you all can see how someone new to Malibu would get confused......it is a very clean boat, heading for a test ride on the lake tomorrow (97 degree forecast)...I just needed to get the straight scoop on the book price.  The current owner is a stand up guy from ALL of my interactions with him....I think he may have just cut and pasted some tainted information....

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/boa/5816257806.html

I wouldn't worry too much about book value. That seems like a fair price if it is as clean as you say. 

9 hours ago, Medicaptain said:

I ended up passing on it....it does not have the 400hp motor

the paint is excellent, no marks anywhere as it was just fully detailed

Does it have the 340? if you are at not at elevation that's all you will need in that boat. I have the 340 in an 07 23 and have never had any issues. Good luck boat shopping.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, gobble said:

Minnesota Inboard has a 2007 SE in inventory right now and it doesn't seem to get a dime in premium over any other similar year VLX.

9 hours ago, Medicaptain said:

I ended up passing on it....it does not have the 400hp motor

the paint is excellent, no marks anywhere as it was just fully detailed

Within 2K of the one you were looking at and it is a Silver Edition

2007 SE VLX at MN Inboard

On 10/12/2016 at 8:10 AM, oldjeep said:

YEP!....I am back to square one on my search exactly for this reason.....I just need to find a good way to get up there and get it back without a weeks worth of driving....

Thanks

On 10/12/2016 at 8:10 AM, oldjeep said:

Within 2K of the one you were looking at and it is a Silver Edition

2007 SE VLX at MN Inboard

All of 2007 was silver edition. all boats had emblems on the steering wheel and throttle.  The actual limited production boat was  only made in black and silver flake it had the 400hp motor, different combing pockets, and had a one off interior, it is badged as a silver edition on the exterior as well. hope this helps.