Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 23 LSV Purchase

0923LSV

Just now, IXFE said:

1B227476-B5A5-4698-A32E-8D7A923D5001_zps

To his point though, the #1 selling Malibu dealer ordered more with the new G3 than the G4.  

On my '17 I did upgrade to the clamping board racks for $2200, but I just couldn't spend another $5,500 on the G4 tower.  I would have liked the head room, but I prefer the slightly leaned forward stance on the G3 and lower cost of course.  :-)  Both a really good towers now that they've upgraded the G3 base.

5 minutes ago, tjklein said:

To his point though, the #1 selling Malibu dealer ordered more with the new G3 than the G4.  

On my '17 I did upgrade to the clamping board racks for $2200, but I just couldn't spend another $5,500 on the G4 tower.  I would have liked the head room, but I prefer the slightly leaned forward stance on the G3 and lower cost of course.  :-)  Both a really good towers now that they've upgraded the G3 base.

Totally agree. The meme was just a joke. 

I'm in Dallas now and WSA (second largest Bu dealer??) orders mostly G3.5 even on the bigger models. They only had one G4 at the show and that was on the M235 where it's standard. 

And I'm with you on the new base of the G3.5. I love it. So much so that my 2017 will have it!  And yes, I upgraded the racks. 

That said, my old dealer who orders G4's on all the big boats has much less inventory holdover than what I've seen here in Dallas. I don't think there's any correlation to what tower they choose. 

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I'm in Dallas now and WSA (second largest Bu dealer??) orders mostly G3.5 even on the bigger models. They only had one G4 at the show and that was on the M235 where it's standard. 

And I'm with you on the new base of the G3.5. I love it. So much so that my 2017 will have it!  And yes, I upgraded the racks. 

That said, my old dealer who orders G4's on all the big boats has much less inventory holdover than what I've seen here in Dallas. I don't think there's any correlation to what tower they choose. 

You probably nailed it with this one... I don't think there's any correlation to what tower they choose. 

Might be moving to the Dallas area in 2 years myself, so maybe I'll get to be part of the WSA family!

51 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Same here, G3 and Clamping Racks.

WSA is largest single store dealer.

• Like 3
Just now, Ronnie said:

Same here, G3 and Clamping Racks.

WSA is largest single store dealer.

New G3.5 is legit. The only thing I'm bummed about losing is the integrated lights. But I wasn't gonna spend $6500 just for tower lights. 

The added bonus is I get to go back to tower mounted mirror. I'm pretty excited about that. 

• Like 1
Just now, IXFE said:

New G3.5 is legit. The only thing I'm bummed about losing is the integrated lights. But I wasn't gonna spend $6500 just for tower lights. 

The added bonus is I get to go back to tower mounted mirror. I'm pretty excited about that. 

I went to the tower mounted mirror as well. Skipped the Bimini with the board straps tho. Too much trouble to use.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2017 at 0:12 AM, Daveinmammoth said:

Is that 97950 out the door or is that pretax?

Thanks

Dave

Yes, it was $96 minus $48 on the trade, plus tax, plus payoff of roughly $30 on the 09 model.

• Like 1
On 3/11/2017 at 9:25 AM, Ronnie said:

I went to the tower mounted mirror as well. Skipped the Bimini with the board straps tho. Too much trouble to use.

I need the surf Bimini. Too many boards with crew. 3 sets clamping racks and surf Bimini,may still have a board in the boat

20 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

I need the surf Bimini. Too many boards with crew. 3 sets clamping racks and surf Bimini,may still have a board in the boat

Maybe a different way we use the boat. We live on the lake. Rarely out more than a couple of hours at a time. We go out for a while and come back, then out again later. If I had to trailer to the lake and stay all day for the trip, I'd probably be looking for more board storage as well. We usually end up with a stack of boards on the sun pad because everyone changes boards a lot.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Maybe a different way we use the boat. We live on the lake. Rarely out more than a couple of hours at a time. We go out for a while and come back, then out again later. If I had to trailer to the lake and stay all day for the trip, I'd probably be looking for more board storage as well. We usually end up with a stack of boards on the sun pad because everyone changes boards a lot.

Hopefully this will be us soon. We are getting our house ready to sell. Lake home is our destination.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

Hopefully this will be us soon. We are getting our house ready to sell. Lake home is our destination.

I already own land and you're still gonna beat me to living up there. LOL

23 hours ago, Ronnie said:

We are the same.  I originally wanted a 22VLX and the dealer talked me into the 23 for resale.  I don't need the space, storage, etc.. that the larger boat provides.  Everyone uses boats differently.  I personally wouldn't pay the extra $$ for the clamping racks b/c I rarely put anything in them.

21 hours ago, ConnollyCrew said:

I hope!

well hell... me too. Drop the boat on my dock, but crash at your crib. (when you keep me out till almost sunrise, that is) 

lol

#wednesdayswithjerald

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Cole2001 said:

Have you thought about putting the snaps back down on the sea deck so you have the option for both? 

I haven't thought about that.  I do have the original carpet and snaps if I ever decide to go back to it.

Edited by 0923LSV
On 3/11/2017 at 10:25 AM, Ronnie said:

Are you saying too much trouble to use the straps or too much trouble deploying and using bimini?  I got this one on my 17.  Best bimini I've ever had by far.  As for the straps, I just slide the board in from the rear or front and don't buckle/unbuckle.  traction side down...easy

I have the G3.5 or what ever we are calling it now. I never take the bimini down. IME, the straps for the bimini don't work for us. We live on the lake and rarely are out more than two hours at a time. We don't carry more than 3-4 boards at a time and it doesn't have to last us all day on the lake. We have enough board storage with the clamping racks and usually end up with a couple of boards, that could go in the racks, stacked on the sun pad. The straps on the bimini are too hard to get to and when they aren't being used they just flap in the wind on top of the bimini. I'm sure they work for some but they didn't work for us in the past so I don't order them any more.

On 3/11/2017 at 9:25 AM, Ronnie said:

Yoga... start doing yoga... ??

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I have the G3.5 or what ever we are calling it now. I never take the bimini down. IME, the straps for the bimini don't work for us. We live on the lake and rarely are out more than two hours at a time. We don't carry more than 3-4 boards at a time and it doesn't have to last us all day on the lake. We have enough board storage with the clamping racks and usually end up with a couple of boards, that could go in the racks, stacked on the sun pad. The straps on the bimini are too hard to get to and when they aren't being used they just flap in the wind on top of the bimini. I'm sure they work for some but they didn't work for us in the past so I don't order them any more.

We were in same boat...great lakes a big step in right direction for storage and collapse if ever needed