Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 23 LSV Purchase

0923LSV

Hey everyone.  I'm realtively new to the site.  I have done a lot of reading here but no posting.  I'm considering trading in my 2009 23 LSV on a new 17 model 23 LSV.  Currently the dealer is at $97950, giving me 48k for my 09 model that's in great shape with 215 hours.  I know they're over allowing 8k on my trade.  Either way it goes it's about a 50k trade difference plus TT&L.  I just want to get some insight and opinions from you all here to see if I'm in the money or if there's anything left on the table.

Thank you!

Edited by 0923LSV
Just now, ahopkinsTXi said:

Options on the new boat?

Yes, that might help.  lol

CANVAS COVERS CS Bimini Top - Gen II Surf $1,583.00 CS Boat Cover - w/Black Zip Cleat and Fuel Fill Pockets $1,067.00 Shrinkable Shipping Cover $308.00 ENGINE Monsoon 62L 410 Standard 15 x 1575 - 2277 GRAPHICS Wakesetter Hull Graphics STEREO COMPONENTS Sound System - Wake 23 LSV Pack (8 in spkrs) $4,522.00 Subwoofer - 12 inch Subwoofer (w/amp) $907.00 Transom Remote $325.00 TOWER AND ACCESSORIES White-Illusion G35 - Tower $557.00 Port Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo White-Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8 (1 set) $1,410.00 White-Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8 (2nd set) $1,267.00 Starboard Lower Rack - Slide Off Spinner Combo Tower Amp - 500w $1,067.00 White-Tower Hoop and Arch Color Selection $350.00 WAKE TECHNOLOGY Ballast HI FLO - Bow Malibu Launch System $817.00 Ballast HI FLO - Midship Malibu Launch System Ballast HI FLO - Rear Malibu Launch System Ballast HI FLO - Rear PNP Plumbing $542.00 Surf Gate w/Malibu Surfband $4,458.00 Wedge - Power Wedge II $3,667.00 COCKPIT OPTIONS Cup Holders - Stainless Mirror & W/S Mount - PTM 14 in - Black Composite Suede-Snap-out Carpet Insert Sport Dash w/Rotary VDC 4-Way Joystick $383.00 Zero Off GPS HARDWARE Battery Set Up - Option 2 $208.00 Pull Up Cleats - Three Pair $567.00 Pylon - V-Drive - Brushed Gray Anodized LIGHTING Transom Lights - Underwater - White $717.00 MISC Edition-Core Edition-Core Package-Core MISC OPTIONS Surcharge - Grow Boating Campaign $123.00 Surcharge - WSIA $17.00 FEATURES *STANDARD FEATURES Wake Hull All Composite Construction Ballast - Monitoring System (BMS) Blueprinted Hulls and Decks Merged with WeldOn TM Carpeting - Premium Polypropylene Coast Guard Certified Composite Flooring System Fiberglass Engine Chassis System (FIbECS) Gauge Panel - Billet Glove Box - Locking Hand Laid Fiberglass Construction Mufflers - Silent Rider NMMA Certified Rubrail - Stainless (w/through holes) Seat Bolster - Flip Up (Drivers) Shaft Seal - Water Cooled Ski Tow Bar - Rear Grab Handle Sound Suppression - MSST Transferable Limited Lifetime Warranty TRAILER 14 in Alloy White-Frame Color .Chrome-Lighting Bezel Color Painted Fenders Side Carrier - Mount Only $67.00 Soft Grip - Sterling SS Ratchet w/ Retractable Straps $158.00 Tandem Axle Trailer Trailer and Fender $500.00 Transom Step w/Slimline LED $283.00

http://www.texasmalibu.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=541148&pov=4776681

ahopkins22LSV
9 hours ago, bbattiste247 said:

That looks like a good price from what I know. Kinda makes me mad because my dealer quoted me 108k on a new 2017 similarly equipped.

Prices range greatly across the country so that is why most people always suggest shooting for a % off msrp. 

$98k for this boat compared to $85k many dealers want for the new 21 VLX make the "value" boat look like a giant rip off to me. That's a lot more boat for not much more money.

Edited by gobble

Wow so you are at 25% off already?  That sounds like a great deal to me.  A year from now if that boat is still there you might be able to get another 5% off if you're lucky.  I'd say you are getting a pretty decent trade in value on your '09 also.  Nice looking boat!  Good luck.

• Like 3

Awesome guys!  I'll just work a little more on closing my wife.  She thinks I've lost completely lost my mind but she will get over it.

Hethj7 your boat rocks! 

Post photos when you get it!  We spend way more time on the water after upgrading.  Hope you find that you do as well.  It makes the price seem worth it!

Edited by hethj7
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, hethj7 said:

Post photos when you get it!  We spend way more time on the water after upgrading.  Hope you find that you do as well.  It makes the price seem worth it!

Will do!  It'll get used every chance we get.

On 10/6/2016 at 6:09 PM, bbattiste247 said:

That looks like a good price from what I know. Kinda makes me mad because my dealer quoted me 108k on a new 2017 similarly equipped.

With a trade in, I am not sure I would feel that way.  He said he thinks the dealer is over quoting him on his trade in.   I am not so sure of that.  Isn't an 09 LSV worth more than 48K, especially if sold from a dealership?  So I would add 5-10K onto the sale price, IMHO.  

On 10/8/2016 at 10:17 PM, TallRedRider said:

With a trade in, I am not sure I would feel that way.  He said he thinks the dealer is over quoting him on his trade in.   I am not so sure of that.  Isn't an 09 LSV worth more than 48K, especially if sold from a dealership?  So I would add 5-10K onto the sale price, IMHO.  

Yes, that is correct.  They have over allowed 8k on my 09 23 LSV.  They really think its worth 40k.  If the trade wasn't involved it's like buying the new boat for 88k.  I'm losing quite a bit on the trade but I'm making up 3k in sales tax credit at 6.25% state sales tax here in Texas that I would pay extra on 17 model if i didn't trade it in.  They're just rolling up the numbers.   

9 minutes ago, 0923LSV said:

Yes, that is correct.  They have over allowed 8k on my 09 23 LSV.  They really think its worth 40k.  If the trade wasn't involved it's like buying the new boat for 88k.  I'm losing quite a bit on the trade but I'm making up 3k in sales tax credit at 6.25% state sales tax here in Texas that I would pay extra on 17 model if i didn't trade it in.  They're just rolling up the numbers.   

There all thinking selling your yourself hoping to get retail, not, helping buyer and sacrificing your sales tax credit and an additional $2000 at closure (good for you, it's maddening to leave money on the table) still way below msrp cause usually the bite on the new is much worse when they over trade and your getting your credit, a bookkeepers thoughts.

your spending no time with out a boat!!! Or is this an order, didn't sound like one

Edited by granddaddy55
13 minutes ago, granddaddy55 said:

There all thinking selling your yourself hoping to get retail, not, helping buyer and sacrificing your sales tax credit and an additional $2000 at closure (good for you, it's maddening to leave money on the table) still way below msrp cause usually the bite on the new is much worse when they over trade and your getting your credit, a bookkeepers thoughts.

your spending no time with out a boat!!! Or is this an order, didn't sound like one

Believe me, I catch your drift.  MSRP is 132k.  It's unreal the spread they have in these boats.  It wasn't a special order.  The boat is in stock.

1 hour ago, 0923LSV said:

Please find us a single 09 in great shape with 215 hours that's worth only 40 or even 48!  I've got a buddy who is shopping for boats and those boats are going for 55 with twice as many hours.  The dealer may be giving you a fair trade in price (i.e. leaving some profit in the deal for them, especially considering the time of year) but they certainly aren't overpaying.

Edited by shawndoggy
  • Like 3
26 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Please find us a single 09 in great shape with 215 hours that's worth only 40 or even 48!  I've got a buddy who is shopping for boats and those boats are going for 55 with twice as many hours.  The dealer may be giving you a fair trade in price (i.e. leaving some profit in the deal for them, especially considering the time of year) but they certainly aren't overpaying.

Well, if your buddy is interested for 48 I'm sure we can work a deal.  Save us both some cash.  :)

• Like 4