Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf watch receiver location

The Hulk

On 10/10/2016 at 10:55 AM, The Hulk said:

This is true luckily my driver is a former como ski boat driver who was quick to adjust in beginning it made it more difficult but as well I wasn't as good .. as we progressed I was able to catch it very easily with and without him on the predictive rudder adjustments but can say if your driver doesn't do this it's a lot harder/slower for sure and as a newbie in transfers results in loosing the wave. 

I'm no expert by any means just my observations. I was not watching the gates themselves but rather the wave and I've timed it up on the beeps... On mine I get beep...beep...beeeeeeeeeep. so about the end of the 3rd I'm headed to go over.. although coming back I found I waited what seemed a tad longer maybe head over at end of beep. I also have to be closer to boat when I'm coming from goofy because I can't get much backside momentum going so I come closer to boat where wave is less high.. I can barely surf back side.. im like a newborn deer..  

As I got better we tried switching back and forth as quickly as possible catch the wave for few seconds then try to go back almost as fast as I caught my balance switch again.. for fun .. got it a few times .. biggest problem was learning not to dip the nose on going over to goofy.. once I got the feeling it made sense and I can get it easily now.

My 2016 actuators are fast huge compared to my 2013 I'm not sure the old boat would have been possible as slow as they were and my skill level..but hold rope until u figure it out is all I can say.. 

I haven't used the rope once since 2014, even when learning we always ditched it as soon as feet were set and wave formed.  Surfed backside on the 1st successful surf day ever.  Haven't stopped since.  Everyone tries it out of curiosity once maybe twice for one get up and they immediately stopand go back. 

The fine adjustments as you go over like the nose are done for you if as you cross over toes or heals your eyes need to lock on the corner of the side you are coming from at the point you are half way.  RESULT is the board gets pointed down the line or curl and avoids all pitfalls.   AND start riding backside each day instead of starting with your toes, I paid this price all summer, surfed my 3weaknesses 1st before I did my best side.  Not once this year did I start with my best

for all surfing but most importantly backside, eyes need to be glued to opposite corner of boat hull at your tie down ring 100% of the time, it's the "secret" to back side surfing.  Then there's learning to pump backside, now that is wild as you bounce the board with both feet when pumping into a backside slash or grind

Edited by granddaddy55