Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

capillary action

nutoz

so i been really disappointed at the location of all the drains on my 13 VLX and after outing or rain ,there is always bunch of water at the bottom that will not drain. i am tired of vacuuming it out .

so i thought why would capillary action not work on wicking out all the water from the bottom. I cut a long strip of cotton undershirt that i used for rag. laid some on the bottom and patted it down

then ran the other end through the drain plug and let mother nature do the work.

i have my cover on my on always and I have not used the boat for couple of weeks b/c i was out of town . while i was out of town , it rained almost all week solid.

this weekend when i uncovered the boat to do my winter maintenance, i was pleasantly surprise of how dry the bottom was.

during maintenance, i plumbed a plug and play  for my new Sumo front bag to factory pump and drain. while doing this . water drained out from front tank and after 12 hours there was very little water at the bottom

might give it a try, can not hurt 

see the pics.

http://s1244.photobucket.com/user/marktanner1/library/capillary action

• Like 2