Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Setting proper ballast

stewtex2011

I have an 08 LSV and with all boat ballast full and one person on the boat the wake is perfect for surfing. The last two weekends we loaded the boat with 5-6 people and the wake washes out. No angle or wedge at all even after loading up one side of the boat. I am using stock ballast and was curious if I have the wedge down too far or improperly using ballast settings?

Edited by stewtex2011
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, stewtex2011 said:

I have an 08 LSV and with all boat ballast full and one person on the boat the wake is perfect for surfing. The last two weekends we loaded the boat with 5-6 people and the wake washes out. No angle or wedge at all even after loading up one side of the boat. I am using stock ballast and was curious if I have the wedge down too far or improperly using ballast settings?

I have the same boat and the wave just gets better if I load up more people on the surf side. What speeds were you running and what stock ballast tanks were you filling?

Center and right or left depending on which side we were on. I noticed it takes a very long time to fillup ballast tanks on the back as well.

On 10/2/2016 at 8:50 AM, stewtex2011 said:

Same problem and perfect performance with driver and full ballast/wedge for me and it's a speed issue due to load of full ballast/wedge and more with the people,. Now 1235, next, 2419, problem solved.  Until then I'm considering emptying the center tank as a cabin offset  but you may need to supplement your front snd or bow with or without prop  change.  I have a huge mushroom locker 950, and recently added 2 150 big bags in the bow to offset s heavy rear, lower the nose, and move them to customize regular and goofy 

Edited by granddaddy55
  • Like 1