Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Inland blue lake wakesurfer

fastmcars

This is the first year surfing. I started on an Obrien skim style. I want to get another board that would be easier for friends and family to ride, and myself!! After looking at many options, I've narrowed the search to the inland blue lake or the ronix koal classic long board. I was wondering what people have experienced ,know or suggest? I realize that it will be a completely different ride than my other board, but will it still be fun? I know this won't be my last board I'll buy. 

I'm partial to Inland Surfer, I've had a few of their boards.  I started with the Red Rocket since I was heavier back when I started, but looking back, if I could do it again, I would have just got the Blue Lake to begin with.  I have no complaints with the board, and would buy it again.  I agree with your comment that it won't be your last board.

My question would be is it sounds like you would be getting this for a "boat board" for everyone to use? and it seems like there could be cheaper options for something like that.  We have a CWB Ride, that has worked out really well for teaching people, and just getting people up on the water.  It's less than half the cost of the Blue Lake (a lot less than that if you can find something like that used).  However there is a definite performance difference for sure.

With all that said, I don't think you'd regret the blue lake.. at least I have not.

I have no experience with Ronix, so I cannot say how the two would compare.

I am with Racer 21 on the Inland Surfer products. Have the red rocket also, big guys need big and fun boards, the tako my kids ride and enjoy it. At the end of this season I found an older used blue lake that was dirty but looked hardly used and picked it up for $200, only got to ride it once before the boat got put away for the winter.( still not real happy about that) as for the difference between the rocket and blue,the rocket has a lot more floatation then the blue so easier to learn on but still a fun board. The blue with the little that I rode it was much faster down the line and was easier to carve with, not as forgiving as the rocket but I believe this will become my favorite board. Rode my buddies ronix koal one day and it didn't really fit me ,but man his kid could ride it. Like Racer said cheaper boards out there, but if you can find a good used Inland Surfer give it a try it's a great product.