Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Which Prop???

I have a 2016 Axis A22, Monsoon 350 SS. I'm currently running the ACME 1235. I'm running about 4000 rpm at 10-11 mph surfing with Bow, center and both rear locker bags full. Looking for a little more top end to get me around the lake a little better. My max speed right now is about 32 mph. I'm not looking for anything crazy but a little more top end would be nice.

Wakemakers recommended the 1941

I've also heard the 2249 or 2247 would be good.

This is my first wake boat and at this point I'm thoroughly confused.

Thanks for any help. 

What's your elevation?

2249 or 2247 would be ideal. Quite a bit of discussion over here about this already if you search around. 

Edited by ndahlberg12

1235 is a 14.5 in prop. 2249 is a 15in prop. Sounds crazy but it makes a huge difference. 

Im running around 3500 RPMS surfing at 10.8 full ballast and with the wedge, with a top speed of 38-40 unloaded. 

Edited by ndahlberg12

Low end torque. More hole shot which usually means less top end. If the only difference between the props is the cup, there isn't much performance difference. There is some, but minor.

Edited by teamerickson

Yeah - like Teamerickson said, more cup generally means more speed/lower rpms, but the effect should be significantly less than a change in pitch.  Larger pitch number theoretically equates to a higher speed at any given rpm & less hole shot. Obviously there's a bunch of other stuff at work in how the performance actually plays out, though.  My 16 MB F22 has a 2249 on it and I see about the same surfing rpm as you -  maybe even a bit higher at 4200 rpm - but my top speed is also higher at about 36 (as a note, I experienced no changes in those numbers at 6500 feet as opposed to 400 feet, just took longer to get to them and the boat didn't want to pull full 5K ballst to surf speed up there).  I think I'd like to find a way to get my surfing rpm down in the 3800 or lower range but want to be sure I can actually pull the weight to surf speed without putting too much strain on the engine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

My 1235 is my cruise prop. I have one that is torquier that I use at higher elevation  and when I'm just surfing near the marina. 2247 maybe? Can't remember exactly. 

I can do something like 42 mph with an empty boat at 5000 RPM at 3600 feet with the 1235 and a 409 in 2015 T23. 32 seems really slow for a 350 at 1100 feet and the same prop.