Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Board Recommendations

Tags

I'll call him today and see what's up? Not totally sure that's the board for me either, just sounds like it may be.

May have to discuss future copyright name options too, previous suggestion doesn't roll off the tongue too well!! ?

1 hour ago, Cmb396 said:

I'll call him today and see what's up? Not totally sure that's the board for me either, just sounds like it may be.

May have to discuss future copyright name options too, previous suggestion doesn't roll off the tongue too well!! ?

You can not go wrong with one of the SC boards.  I ride the Honu but have also ridden the Fangtail, HC Pro and JS Pro but keep coming back to the Honu.  Very fast down the line and quick edge to edge.  You can ride it smooth with big carves or ride it aggressively.......will do both.  Closest in comparison is the HC Pro or whatever it will be named now.   As SD stated above, mine feels a little thicker than the pro model boards. 

When I bought mine had not had a chance to ride any and went off of Jeff's recommendation after a good conversation with him.  You will not be disappointed.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, NWBU said:

Hunter isn't on the Soulcraft team anymore.

Oh that's interesting for sure that must be very new news! I just bought a 4'6" HC Pro 5 min ago so I am officially a SC family member. Jeff is awesome and gave me a great deal. Hopefully the boards perform as well as I've read about, where I'm from no one has even heard of SC lol.

16 minutes ago, Cmb396 said:

What do you weigh, just curious? Gonna call in a bit to talk to him. 

I am 5'11" at 177lbs. I got the 4'6" as he said I could have went to a 4'7" if I had a smaller boat and wave.

53 minutes ago, nohlan4 said:

Oh that's interesting for sure that must be very new news! I just bought a 4'6" HC Pro 5 min ago so I am officially a SC family member. Jeff is awesome and gave me a great deal. Hopefully the boards perform as well as I've read about, where I'm from no one has even heard of SC lol.

He's riding Blu surf now I guess.

12 minutes ago, Cmb396 said:

Ok, I'm 6'0, 210. Lsv with SG and extra 3k in ballast, be curious to see what he suggests.

In the HC probably the 4'7" or 8" size I would guess. Also depends on your ability as a surfer.

I don't want to be the one to start the rumor mill. All I heard was his new board will be constructed with resined basalt...as in rocks.... Something to do with durability I believe.

1 hour ago, Bawshogg said:

I don't want to be the one to start the rumor mill. All I heard was his new board will be constructed with resined basalt...as in rocks.... Something to do with durability I believe.

I don't want to be the one to start the rumor mill. ....... ahhh F- it... Here Is the skinny guys....?

Well, I didn't hear it from the horses mouth... nothing wrong full disclosure.  I know how things get twisted along the way. Just sharing what I was told from someone else. 

On February 8, 2017 at 0:15 PM, nohlan4 said:

In the HC probably the 4'7" or 8" size I would guess. Also depends on your ability as a surfer.

He recommended a 4'7", 19.50. He's starting on the mock tomm. 

21 hours ago, NWBU said:

Visual confirmation - and the shape looks familiar.

F1463443-3AD3-41C2-B910-198B76B0926E_zps

Saw that on Insta last night as well, its official. Wonder what drove the move, couldn't be money. Not much of it in wakesurfing I don't think.

Jeff told me that in general he will keep the length in proportion to your height and add or subtract width for your weight.  I would imagine the board style and wake would also come into play.  It was another reason I chose SC, custom fit for the individual.  (I needed a little extra width, got to eat more salad.)