Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How many hours do you put on your boat?

sounddude03

Last Year 175 HR, This Year, 93 ( Wife Stepped In and put a kibosh to the 3 times a week and every weekend trips....LOL ) It was fun while it lasted! Balance she said!! I'm guessing Balancing on a Surf Board was not what she was talking about!

Avg About 125 

Edited by Wakesetter67

Eight years of ownership and about 550 hours total added and still counting for this year.  As the kids get older Wifey and I are content to just play on the wake alittle and float so the hours may go down but the utilization may actually increase.  Something special about an afternoon alone with Wifey on the lake.  

• Like 2

I'm Glad to see people actually use their boats, So many worried about putting Hours on the engine, I get it for resale, But I admit I felt a little guilty for using my boat to much, I feel better now!

35 this year

most ever 150 to 200, former show skiing family

average 100 and falling

Children grown up, brothers don't ski anymore, and I don't have a driver

3 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

I'm Glad to see people actually use their boats, So many worried about putting Hours on the engine, I get it for resale, But I admit I felt a little guilty for using my boat to much, I feel better now!

I would be more sceptical of a 10 year old boat with 100 hours than a 10 year old with 1000 hours.  As long as it is well maintained these motors will last well over 2500.  

Edited by REW
to correct a number. I made an oops
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, electricjohn said:

Children grown up, brothers don't ski anymore, and I don't have a driver

I found a cabin neighbor that just likes to ride along - and taught my wife to drive surf and slalom. All good.

about 40 this year surf(I am kind of obnox. I would be happy to surf 10 hours then float but nobody else wants it as bad as I do...sound familiar?) and float and tie up.  we went out this year more times than I can recall . a good year.  we might be on the water all day but only rack up 3hrs of motor time.  I am jealous of you guys that rack up 100+ hours a year.

1. 68 hrs... direct result of having a place at the lake, would have been more but we have a group of boats to swap off with. 

2. 68

3. Average 50

Wakesetter67,  I hear Ya!   My thoughts,  why have a boat if your not going to use it, or have it just there 

to look at. :Doh:

Edited by Dare2goBare

We average 75 hours.  Just pulled the Malibu out with 54 hours and we have 47 hours on the Mastecraft with about a month to go. 

Only put about 45 Or 50 on the Malibu this year. Also contributed to about 10 hrs each on a co-worker's 09 LSV & the shop's 16 Axis T23 demo boat. Plus I managed to put another 10 Or 15 hrs on an old standup Jetski I recently restored. Despite the fact that it was a weird summer with a ton of wind.