Jump to content

Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Xstar owner review of 22vlx


willyt

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2016 at 3:56 AM, willyt said:

After a full season of riding one it's time to give a perspective from an mc owner....

The wakeboard wake is bananas. I mean, serious bananas. Probably not what you expected, but 1k bow bag + 800's pnp rear+wedge at 3 is amazeballs. 

We've surfed on it too, but from a crew that wakeboards99% of the time it's not a huge priority, but that was excellent too. 

We run about 4K in my 07 xstar and I'd rather ride behind the vlx honestly ( don't tell anyone on TT...)

 

congrats Malibu, you hit it out of the park with this one.

How has it taken me this long to see this thread...
I am very happy with the new boat. :thumbup:

Link to post
On 9/30/2016 at 2:56 AM, willyt said:

After a full season of riding one it's time to give a perspective from an mc owner....

The wakeboard wake is bananas. I mean, serious bananas. Probably not what you expected, but 1k bow bag + 800's pnp rear+wedge at 3 is amazeballs. 

We've surfed on it too, but from a crew that wakeboards99% of the time it's not a huge priority, but that was excellent too. 

We run about 4K in my 07 xstar and I'd rather ride behind the vlx honestly ( don't tell anyone on TT...)

 

congrats Malibu, you hit it out of the park with this one.

Running same set up in mine, maybe another 400lb sac on floor when not loaded with ppl.  It's really hard for me to wanna go ride other boats lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 9/30/2016 at 2:56 AM, willyt said:

We run about 4K in my 07 xstar and I'd rather ride behind the vlx honestly ( don't tell anyone on TT...)

Seriously... they would ban you if they ready this. lol

Link to post
11 hours ago, DatTexasBoy said:

Does the 23 have a better wakeboard wake? Or do you feel the 22 is better.

They are both very similar, having said that several pro level riders have been behind my 23 and walk away impressed. One of these guys regularly rides behind a 15 G23. The wakeboard wake has the ability to be shaped from smooth mellow to beefy/ rampy. 

The ability to adjust from one to the other is why I will be buying another 23. 

The 22 MXZ is much more aggressive, It will be a few years before I go this route as I am afraid my kids will be afraid to hit this wake....

  • Like 1
Link to post
49 minutes ago, ConnollyCrew said:

the 22 MXZ is much more aggressive, It will be a few years before I go this route as I am afraid my kids will be afraid to hit this wake....

My brother won't ride behind my boat for this reason.  My wifey on the other hand rides it with wedge only at 20-21 and will do 1 wake jumps all day.  It is more aggressive, but can be tuned pretty well for rider preference.

  • Like 1
Link to post
On 10/12/2016 at 8:06 PM, DatTexasBoy said:

Does the 23 have a better wakeboard wake? Or do you feel the 22 is better.

Very similar but given exact same weight setup, I would give the edge to the 22.  My buddy has a 450 in his 23 so he runs about 1000lbs more than me (around 5500) and that wake is retarded big and perfectly shaped.  Running that heavy the 22 would likely be too nautiqish for my liking.  So at 4500lbs or less, my vote is 22.  Over 4500lbs my vote would be 23.

Link to post
2 hours ago, t a said:

Very similar but given exact same weight setup, I would give the edge to the 22.  My buddy has a 450 in his 23 so he runs about 1000lbs more than me (around 5500) and that wake is retarded big and perfectly shaped.  Running that heavy the 22 would likely be too nautiqish for my liking.  So at 4500lbs or less, my vote is 22.  Over 4500lbs my vote would be 23.

What about stock hard tanks and wedge only?  Similar or different?  I am ordering the lsv this year and had a 2015 22vlx, last thing I want is a sub par wakeboard wake compared to my 22vlx.  We only ran hard tanks and pw2, never extra bags for wakeboarding.  I'm hopeful they will be comparable, seeing as the lsv weighs 200 lbs more I can't see it being much different?

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Fman said:

What about stock hard tanks and wedge only?  Similar or different?  I am ordering the lsv this year and had a 2015 22vlx, last thing I want is a sub par wakeboard wake compared to my 22vlx.  We only ran hard tanks and pw2, never extra bags for wakeboarding.  I'm hopeful they will be comparable, seeing as the lsv weighs 200 lbs more I can't see it being much different?

I doubt there's much difference.  I've honestly never ridden either not slammed.  From friends experiences with stock And plug and play 550's, the VLX is a bit steeper but I have no idea on tanks only.

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Fman said:

Guess I will find out, assuming the extra weight only helps.  I have not seen any posts on here yet about disappointments with the newer lsv wakeboard wake.

Extra weight will help but the 23 is more boat to sink.  If it's not as good for some reason, just put a few hundred pounds in the rear sacks and that problem is quickly fixed.

  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...