Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

G$ Cabin Lights

Setter2016

Has anyone modified the G4 Cabin Lights so that they can be turned off while the interior lights in the boat stay on.  I have a 2016 LSV 25 and here is my response from Malibu when I asked about such:

Hello Daniel,

I understand what you are saying below, the tower lights would have to be wired to a different circuit to make this change happen. Depending on what options you have in your boat it may be possible to connect the tower lights to another circuit in the touch screen or they would have to connect to a new switch that would have to be installed.

I would suggest to have your dealer take a look at this next time you have your boat in for Service. Please let your dealer know they can contact me if needed for assistance if needed.

My Question:

This year, I purchased a Malibu Wakesetter LSV 25 with a G4 tower. The cabin lights in the tower come on when I turn on the interior lights inside the boat. Is there any way to put the tower cabin lights on a different switch from the interior lights in the boat? 

Any help you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Daniel

It can be done by installing a switch in the wire that feeds the G4 tower interior lights. The wire is located on the starboard side under the G4 tower base. If the switch is placed on that wire, the touch screen would be the "main" switch for the cabin lights and the new switch would allow you simply turn the LED's on the tower on or off. (you would not be able to turn the tower LED interior lights on without the rest of the cabin lights if done this way) This is one of my winter projects as well. The G4 interior lights are a bit too bright in a lot of instances. I am actually going one step further and will install a dimmer after the switch so I can still turn them off but I will also be able to dim them for some "mood" lighting.  

Found a local car/boat stereo guy.  He installed a power switch that matched the dash power button.  It's looks fantastic and now I can turn the overhead G4 cabin lights on and off.

4 hours ago, Setter2016 said:

Found a local car/boat stereo guy.  He installed a power switch that matched the dash power button.  It's looks fantastic and now I can turn the overhead G4 cabin lights on and off.

Cool.  Any pics?

• 8 months later...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but this was a concern of mine when purchasing the '17 lsv.  Glad to report that the tower interior lights are on a separate circuit than the cabin lights.  Not a ton of help for prior years (unless this is available as a firmware update) but for anyone concerned about a current builds.