Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakeboard Racks

scfdfireman

Hello guys and gals, I need some help with wakeboard rack issues. I'd turn to my sales person/ dealer, but I think he's giving me a line of bull on the subject and no very trustworthy... Anyway, I just purchased a V-Ride 4 weeks ago, and the package included a pair of "new racks". What the dealer installed was a pair of "Metcraft Racks" with the black bungie cord and black balls at the end. I've now decided to add another pair of racks, but I'm finding out that these racks were discontinued by Metcraft 2 years ago, and there nowhere to be found. When I asked my salesperson to find another pair, I began to get the run around, and he even admitted that he "had got my racks from a used pair off his 2005 boat". Nice Guy Ha? He then continues to say that I can't use another pair of these racks anyway on an Illusion Tower because "they're not adjustable". He's offered to take the Metcraft racks back and exchange them for "a new cheep set", but he says I can only mount one pair of these onto the tower. It sounds like this guy is is trying to screw me coming and going. I know there's Illusion Towers with 2 pairs of racks on them because i've seen them. What to you folks think? HELP!

Hello guys and gals, I need some help with wakeboard rack issues. I'd turn to my sales person/ dealer, but I think he's giving me a line of bull on the subject and no very trustworthy... Anyway, I just purchased a V-Ride 4 weeks ago, and the package included a pair of "new racks". What the dealer installed was a pair of "Metcraft Racks" with the black bungie cord and black balls at the end. I've now decided to add another pair of racks, but I'm finding out that these racks were discontinued by Metcraft 2 years ago, and there nowhere to be found. When I asked my salesperson to find another pair, I began to get the run around, and he even admitted that he "had got my racks from a used pair off his 2005 boat". Nice Guy Ha? He then continues to say that I can't use another pair of these racks anyway on an Illusion Tower because "they're not adjustable". He's offered to take the Metcraft racks back and exchange them for "a new cheep set", but he says I can only mount one pair of these onto the tower. It sounds like this guy is is trying to screw me coming and going. I know there's Illusion Towers with 2 pairs of racks on them because i've seen them. What to you folks think? HELP!

First off don't get the Metcraft swivel racks!!! I just had mine replaced with the fixed version.

Their fixed racks come in either a 30 degree or straight version. This allows for the 30s to be mounted in the top holes and the straight in the bottom.

I second that, and your dealer is not feeding you a line of crap. The standard racks can be put 2 on each side but you won't be able to put 4 boards on each side of the tower because the two racks are too close together. The top rack set is the one that is 30 degrees and the normal rack that you have now is to be mounted at the bottom. Metcraft has had alot of problems with thier swivels and alot of folks here will tell you that. I have two NICE RACKS on my V-ride and they work great. There are a few people out there that have four nice racks on thier tower but I still think that you cannot get 4 wakeboards on each side. Most people would have two wakeboards and two wakesurfers on each side of the tower. Hope this info helps and I think there is probably a few people out there selling the original racks still that may be able to help you out.