Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 25lsv engine

TheRockofMaryland

We are buying a 2017 lsv.   I have been on a 2016 this past summer with the 450 motor and enjoyed the way it handled, but can't help wonder if I will always regret not getting the 575.  Anyone have the 575 that can tell me if it is worth the $ to upgrade?  

Thanks

Jeff

Jeff, I have drove the 575 2016 25 LSV in a tournament that did great but still had to pump the bags out to get it on plane. But there were 15 people in the boat. I bought a 25 LSV with the 450 unless you really load a boat crazy do not get the 575 spend the money somewhere else. Its a great boat with lots of room.

• Like 3

I have the 575 in a 22 mxz and when I fully load it, all stock ballast full and both rear lockers with wakemakers custom sacks completely full with 3 or 4 adults in the boat, it takes about 10-15 seconds to get on plane with wedge in lift mode. That being said it is swinging the 2277 prop, I'm sure it would jump on plane with a smaller prop. I know this is not a good comparison to what you're looking for but I don't think a lot of people order the 575 so wanted to at least give you some information.

• Like 1

I swore I'd never do a non SC engine again. But got a great deal in a 25 with the 450. Given the new gear ratios I think it's less of a difference than years ago. IMO i think the 450 is fine. I have 700-750 PNP custom WM bags upside down T shape. And with 13-14 ppl i don't have an issue surfing or getting her up and going and granted it's a 2016 model with only the 1.76:1 and only a 15" prop. (15"*14.25") which is under pitched a bit. I would assume with the New 2:1 and 17" prop the upgrade to SC becomes even less worth it on a 2017. But couldn't say Frome any experience.. your loosing top end over a lower geared SC though but if u can pitch up perhaps not. If I had a 2017 I'd "try" propping down from 17 to 16" diameter and pitching way up. To lower surf rpms.. would be fun to try. As many have said you will take a bath on that upgrade for resale. If money isn't an issue then heck yeah! But I'd absolutely spend that money on other options that make using your boat more convenient and pleasurable.. the 25 is insane and is near impossible to screw up the wave compared to all boats I've ridden it's tolerant of displacement being a little off and just easy and NOT finicky.. spend that Mula on other options unless you want to simply go faster at slightly lower rpms.. my .02

• Like 1

My guess is If you wakeboard slammed it will be a slightly bigger difference or more Worth the upgrade than if surfing mostly .. one thing I love now is being able to get gas in the lake with non premium.. 

If trying to stay within same price Drop the SC and  upgrade to G4 get PTMs.. do the stereo with revs.. the g3.5 is nice but it's a dated look IMO... I'd rather have the g4 over the SC any day in this boat.

• Like 2