Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone else winding down?

Levi900RR

....Only because I had ACL surgery.  I still refuse to winterize the boat though.  I'm going on a friends boat today.  I can't ski, just drive. I'll get my boat out a few more times this year and let the wife and friends ski.  IT'S STILL SUMMER PEOPLE!!!!

...Unless you're Canadian.

• Like 3
On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:20 AM, Malibuzer said:

Winterized the boat Saturday.  We had a terrible year.  Even toyed with selling the boat and wait to see what happens.  We never got in the water after July.  And most of July was downright miserable around here.

I hate this time of year!

Not much better in B.C. this year.  I don't remember a summer with so much precipitation.  Couple of "hot" weeks and that's it.  Majorly depressing.

Had the same thoughts about selling ours actually.  Felt like I spent more time putting up and taking down the lift, packing up and putting away gear and doing maintenance then using the boat.

34 minutes ago, Technicallyabu said:

Not much better in B.C. this year.  I don't remember a summer with so much precipitation.  Couple of "hot" weeks and that's it.  Majorly depressing.

Had the same thoughts about selling ours actually.  Felt like I spent more time putting up and taking down the lift, packing up and putting away gear and doing maintenance then using the boat.

Ah come on you guys!  I grew up skiing in the Seattle area.  Cloudy days mean less thermal wind.  A little sprinkle? You're wet anyway.  Ski on!  Put those fear based thoughts of selling you boat aside. :)

• Like 2
7 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Been in the 70's the past few days and today but I haven't had time to get out! Damn work. :rant:

I'm going tonight! I couldn't stand to pull it last weekend with the forecast for this week :thumbup:

• Like 2
3 hours ago, MalibuNation said:

Retired June 3rd and was gungho (sp) on projects then as you are aware we had a brutal hot humid summer with little wind so I slowed down.

I'm just sitting down from washing the deck in the rain.

Back to the subject at hand I wish you didn't live on the othe side of the state otherwise we wouldn't be talking about winding down.  Luckily my 2 main crews are addicted like most of us and get out early and late in the season but darn they work :crazy:

Oh how know your pain! All my ski partners are still working. My # 1 has been out of town for the past three weeks and will be gone another two week or more. He and I ski five times a week with good weather.  This last week we have had many glass days but I am trying to wind up a lake front rebuild. Had to repair the sea wall and in doing so we lost a large retaining wall so all needs to be rebuilt. Just got a double trailer eighteen wheeler of man made rock yesterday. Rain last night has put a halt on our work for a day. I will be so happy to get everything back together and lose the muddy clay. I have not used my boats as much as i would just because of the mud. 

• Like 1

Winterizing on 10/25.  Weather turned quickly here in Portland Oregon.  Raining and cloudy almost continuously for past two weeks.  Highs in the mid to low 60s....   Getting dark around 6:30pm so no mid week after work runs.  No one in my family wants to go out in the rain.  Still was a great season with the new boat!  

May get out one more time Sunday as it is expected to break 70 with some sunshine.  Use the wet suits or dry suit.  Run the heater. :)

Edited by ORMailbuboater
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, MalibuNation said:

Retired June 3rd and was gungho (sp) on projects then as you are aware we had a brutal hot humid summer with little wind so I slowed down.

I'm just sitting down from washing the deck in the rain.

Back to the subject at hand I wish you didn't live on the othe side of the state otherwise we wouldn't be talking about winding down.  Luckily my 2 main crews are addicted like most of us and get out early and late in the season but darn they work :crazy:

3 hours ago, Sixball said:

Oh how know your pain! All my ski partners are still working. My # 1 has been out of town for the past three weeks and will be gone another two week or more. He and I ski five times a week with good weather.  This last week we have had many glass days but I am trying to wind up a lake front rebuild. Had to repair the sea wall and in doing so we lost a large retaining wall so all needs to be rebuilt. Just got a double trailer eighteen wheeler of man made rock yesterday. Rain last night has put a halt on our work for a day. I will be so happy to get everything back together and lose the muddy clay. I have not used my boats as much as i would just because of the mud. 

Man you two are killing me...lol... I see the light at the tunnel to! One year min. As of this last Sept. Then hoping for a buy out any time

atfter that. Otherwise another two to go... here's to hoping! :notworthy:  we are taking about winding down,,,, Right!

Congrats MaibuNation :cheers:

Edited by Dare2goBare
  • Like 1

50* days and 40* nights...plus dam repair. Lake looks like this so we are done. Yes, the channel to the main body is only 3-4 feet deep at normal height. I don't suggest going on this lake unless you have a guide the first time or two.

Wausau20drained_zpsxvfucu1k.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, sunvalleylaw said:

Ah come on you guys!  I grew up skiing in the Seattle area.  Cloudy days mean less thermal wind.  A little sprinkle? You're wet anyway.  Ski on!  Put those fear based thoughts of selling you boat aside. :)

If I had anyone that would go with me in the rain I would be all over it! 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Malibuzer said:

If I had anyone that would go with me in the rain I would be all over it! 

Wish I was closer to you.  I would go.  Just hoping there would not be 4 strong winds.  (couldn't help it.  Hearing about Alberta makes me think of this guy, and of course Neil Young, though he really just covers the song, and is not from Alberta).  

10 hours ago, UWSkier said:

First set this year was March 12th.  A new record.  Pre daylight savings.  Last set?  Got out on Monday.  I don't imagine that will be the last ride of the year though.

Best I have been able to do is March 17.  Not this year but the year before we had over 30" of ice in mid March. Just never know.  Its Michigan!

13 hours ago, jk13 said:

50* days and 40* nights...plus dam repair. Lake looks like this so we are done. Yes, the channel to the main body is only 3-4 feet deep at normal height. I don't suggest going on this lake unless you have a guide the first time or two.

Wausau20drained_zpsxvfucu1k.jpg

is that Lake Du Bay? 

After a fantastic evening surfing, I pulled the boat and winterized the engine :cry: Still will need to clean and shrinkwrap, but we are officially done for this year. So...think I'll go mountain biking tonight!

Edited by Raimie
  • Like 1

With the pond cooling down quick and a high of 50 and winds around 3mph tomorrow, it just might be time to break out the dry suit.  Glad that you have one to extend the season but hate to bring out. 

20161008_091626_zpscxdbpy55.jpg

Edited by onamission
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, onamission said:

With the pond cooling down quick and a high of 50 and winds around 3mph tomorrow, it just might be time to break out the dry suit.  Glad that you have one to extend the season but hate to bring out. 

20161008_091626_zpscxdbpy55.jpg

inspiring new organization for next year.  

34 minutes ago, sunvalleylaw said:

inspiring new organization for next year.  

My wife says I have COD, ( Compulsive - Organization - Disorder). 

The other side of the garage.

20161008_115255_zpsnsuhbm9j.jpg

And my tournament box.

20161008_115323_zpshqpxw3h9.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, onamission said:

My wife says I have COD, ( Compulsive - Organization - Disorder). 

The other side of the garage.

20161008_115255_zpsnsuhbm9j.jpg

And my tournament box.

20161008_115323_zpshqpxw3h9.jpg

Well, there are clean car people, and the other kind.  I tend to be the other kind.  Attempting to learn to be different. ;)

Sorry, we're in full gear still night surfing in jackets, air and water 82+, work on your backside and transfers lately??

2013 NSS, 2second transfer intervals with almost full wave formation, way ahead of its time!

Edited by granddaddy55
On 10/7/2016 at 5:48 AM, Gavin17 said:

I can barely walk but it didn't stop me from getting out yesterday.  Granted, not my boat. 

20161006_181921_zpsfc9jas6e.jpg?w=480&h=

When I was on crutches one and a half months after femur nail surgery I flew to park city to meet the wife for Surfest 2015 after the butterfly fracture. Took a bang to leg sitting in a Malibu bow, a****** young driver for demo company. Still worth it to watch wife shred the shoulder height to her centurion wave.  Every two weeks while on crutches starting two weeks after surgery I would drag the boat by hand and one good leg (still trying to push with broken leg too) sitting on tongue, crutches near by, out completely from carport snd hooked up flush and started it.  Saved my mind from getting depressed and losing it. Then push it back in

Edited by granddaddy55
MalibuNation

Had to make a hard decision today ... either watch the Lions or get out for what might be the last boating of the season.  No one was on the lake and half the lake was glass ... what a good time!

• Like 3