Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone else winding down?

Levi900RR

7 hours ago, Levi900RR said:

The last two nights have been amazing here. 80, sunny and zero wind. We've been so busy with soccer and other stuff that I've been stuck on land just drooling at the lake. 

Been on the same situation all month, just wanting to be out there. But don't live close enough to make it happen during the week.

Season never started for me been on water maybe twice since January.  Been in Charlotte , NC on  business all year  Reached out to area crew members to see if i could get out on water in NC.  Did not get any replies at all .  Was home about a month ago surfed on a friends boat .  Drained mine down on lift prob wont be home til Thanksgiving. Hope to foot Thanksgiving day again this year. 

1 minute ago, h2oratJR said:

Season never started for me been on water maybe twice since January.  Been in Charlotte , NC on  business all year  Reached out to area crew members to see if i could get out on water in NC.  Did not get any replies at all .  Was home about a month ago surfed on a friends boat .  Drained mine down on lift prob wont be home til Thanksgiving. Hope to foot Thanksgiving day again this year. 

I will be ready!

2 hours ago, Sixball said:

Its been slow for me as my #1 ski partner is out of town working. Also a major landscaping job in progress after rebuilding the sea wall this year. I am hoping for one more month but mother nature is the card holder in that. Fall skiing is the best. Just not much computation for the water. I can see the end but holding off.  Getting everything out and boats put away is so sad and yet when it done a good feeling as things are done. Then hunting, snowmobiling, and more time at the cabin.

Very true. If it weren't for seasons we wouldn't have boating to look forward to. Sure it would be nice to go all year round but it would lose some of it's luster if it was always available. Diminishing marginal returns

When the boat is finally put away I can tuck it into the corner of the garage so more space for my wife's car, put away the lawn mower, start having crock pot meals, fires in the evenings...there are some good things about winter but they get real old by about mid-January around here!

Edited by jetskipro550
  • Like 1

My storage date is planned for October 22. Hoping to get out a couple more times. I can never get enough time on the water. My wife and son have called it a season. Everytime I ask to go out my daughter is the only one to say yes. It's depressing when the days get short ?

Our last runs are usually mid November... Just depends on weather. It's been a great boating season.  Hope to get out this Sunday on LKA. Crew is in Fort Lauderdale Florida for the world surf competition.  They were invited to compete! Yeah!!!! Anyone on LKA wanting a pull Sunday, feel free to pm me.

On the other side of the world for past 2 weeks eating dogs and who knows what else..  the weather has been great back in Indiana.. depressed and my luck it will get cold when I get back in a few days...hopping there is a weekend or two left of nice weather ..this time of year always makes me wonder why not move south.. too short of season! I don't mind using a wetsuit but the kids and wife don't enjoy being out stuck out on The boat when it's not ideal to get in the water... depression sets in this time of year....I envy all u southern folk who can leave lifts and docks in all year .. what a PIA!!!!

I am winding down, but not because of weather. Usually we can ride until mid-November, then a wetsuit and drysuit are good until mid-March. I am winding down because I have a 2016 23 lsv with 148 hours, and I am going to sell, refinance and custom order either another 23 lsv or possibly a 22 mxz. Hopefully, the hours won't scare potential buyers away.  I had a number of glitches during the first 50 hours, but it has been great ever since. I am a little nervous getting into another boat because of possible initial problems. I've heard of boats being delivered without transmissions. 

Pulled out right after Labor Day.  Mandatory 5 year lake draw down for damn repair/maintenance.  Shame , especially this year, temps have been unusually warm for September.  Normally we try to keep going until Columbus Day...not this year, sad indeed!!

On the other side of the world, our season just starting. Pick up the new VTX tomorrow, then next weekend is our first of many long weekends this spring / summer. New boat will be on the water for run in........

• Like 3
10 hours ago, braindamage said:

I've been out twice this week and haven't even gotten into the wetsuit yet!! It's supposed to get cold after today but I think I'll get in another few weeks before calling it quits.

pic of my son this evening. 75, muggy, and dead calm. What a wonderful autumnal equinox.

691F7515-E431-4B00-A99E-D6B92E7C4EB0_zps

:drool: 

we are slowing down also have not given up (st. Louis area).  weather has been great. this past summer We went out more times than I can recall.  pretty good year.  had to miss 3 home game tailgates also. lots of stuff going on.

I put the boat away Sept. 3.  A little heartbreaking to have to do it so early this year, I normally wait till mid October.  I had to prioritize the start of my school program over boating.  To be honest, I'm surprised that I actually had the discipline to do it :) 

We are done, boat is sold.  Sad because its a great time to be on the water, going to be a long winter... we did get 85 hours on the water this season, considering everything else going on in my life I felt pretty good about that! already looking forward to next season :biggrin:

I'm done! Labour day was the last weekend. ..sad to say...but just the same put 55 hours on my baby. 

That's great concidering all the boats we have at the lake to play with..  yup... long winter ahead... :cry:

Edited by Dare2goBare

I'm slowing down after this weekend and have decided that Oct. 1st will be d-day. Typically I like to keep it in longer, but we're taking my boy to a waterpark for his b-day (Oct 2) and taking a 4-wheeling trip the following weekend. At least I should get in some time this weekend and hopefully get that dang 360 before pulling the boat!

Early Sept, I am no where near ready, but around this time, I start to accept it. This is also my favorite time of year to mountain bike.  So, I will start ramping that up while the boat stuff winds down.

Edited by Raimie