Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anyone else winding down?

Levi900RR

Pulled the boat, docks and lift out of the water the other day. It was an AMAZING day weather wise which made me question WTF I was doing... The weather turns fast up here though, and I've been caught in 50 degree water pulling docks before and its pretty horrible. 

The water was so low up here this year that I was able to back my truck about 300' off the shore which really sped up the pulling our process. I only had to use my winch 1 cable length (50') before I could just tow the stuff in with my truck.

Canopy off:

A54FFDDE-8BF7-4079-BA6B-94B006CACBC2.jpg

Idling over to the launch:

3FB0BA65-BC55-48C5-B934-4DCC50D16BE9.jpg

Back on the trailer for the off season:

7ECA1B82-B503-45EB-8E5D-8240507D2AEC.jpg

PS, Tundra just turned 100K... Just getting broke in.

3E211B97-FFBD-4BE8-889E-E6970480F9E6.jpg

Winching stuff out...

E8B35904-28A7-496E-934A-432811B07FFF.jpg

PS, the seagulls really got me this year. I'm going to get some of these for next year and hope for the best. 

http://gullsaway.com/

Also, with the new dock we spent a ton of time just hanging out there, might try one of these to keep the weeds down:

http://weedersdigest.com/lake-roto-tiller/

We haven't put anything away yet but definitely slowing down. :cry: I'm also dealing with an injury right now so I've been out for the past two weeks. Oh well

If it would just go from summer to solid safe ice on the lake I would be happy!

We packed up Labor Day weekend.  Had some unfortunate unforeseen extended family stuff happen which messed up the entire weekend, winterized it on Labor Day Monday.  Since then we've had zero opportunities to boat, even while the 454 boat was still in the driveway, and none in the forseeable future.  Too much going on with school and soccer, 3 kids on 3 different teams, etc., festivals, heck it's tough to get in 6 hours of sleep lately without even a thought of boating.  That's a wrap until next May.  Maybe one last pontoon ride will happen from one of the guys at the marina.

4 minutes ago, Levi900RR said:

The last two nights have been amazing here. 80, sunny and zero wind. We've been so busy with soccer and other stuff that I've been stuck on land just drooling at the lake. 

Yeah yesterday was awesome. We got out for a quick surf set. Was still 70 when we got off the lake at like 8:30. Great last day of the calendar summer season.

Slowing down mostly due to a bunch of weekend things coming up in Sept/Oct (parent weekends at colleges, long weekend trip up to the north shore, trip to my folks lake place to pull docks and put their boats away).  We were out all day Monday, but likely won't be back on the water for 2 more weeks.  Won't winterize the boat until last weekend in October, but I've got 4 other family/friends boats that are getting done starting next weekend.

Edited by oldjeep

Probably pulling the boat this weekend :cry:Was originally planning on spending the whole weekend on the water but it looks like we will be doing a family trip to cedar point instead (bittersweet). I was hoping I would be able to get out and ride til mid October but there's just too much going on each weekend at this point. I think the worst part is that the weather is still good enough for some quality time on the water. 

We wore the wetsuits first time on Tuesday could have done without but was not feeling brave enough. Went out at sunrise air temp 57 water temp 67.  We will go till water temp is below 60 if air temps stay reasonable during the day. 

We've pulled and winterized the Wave Runners, catamaran, and the small outboard.  Bu and pontoon still in the water.  Got to ski glass on Monday and Tuesday :yahoo: It was mid 70's, sunny, water temp of 68, and there was no one else on the lake except a couple stationary fishermen.  I love when school starts!

Bought a bilge heater for the Bu and plan on leaving it on the lift until the end of October.

My boat is put away for the winter and I'm even done with refinishing my swim platform.

Luckily I have access to another Bu and a MC.  With this weather I'm sure we'll be going into Oct if not longer.

My nuclear lake heater is down for maintenance right now so the water is a crisp 82 degrees.  Its supposed to be back online soon and that's good b/c I have guests coming for Thanksgiving ;)

We just have to hope for some warmer air days.  I will say the new closed cooled ford motor makes this time of year less depressing.   

• Like 1

its a sad time of year when this rolls around. Pulling up the stakes this coming weekend. You just can't trust the weather in N Wisc this time of year. Could get a freeze any night of the week. I am sure we will have another few days where we hit over 70 and i will be P'd off. Time to get the snowmobiles ready even thou i would give that up for another month of 90 degree weather. 

Our weekly Wed night Fearsome Foursome had our 26th consecutive ski last night w/o a rain out - truly remarkable for W WA. Still in wet suits but contemplating dry suit for next Wed. Though global warming will likely destroy our planet someday, for now it makes skiing in this neck of the woods pretty great. Last year we went 22 weeks before the weather stopped us.

Slowly winding down in Ohio. Weather has been mid 80's, but forecast is 70's next week. More than anything it's friends thinking fall is here. Not me. Hoping to get out this weekend and the near future.

Winterize in October sometime, then storage.  Winter project is swim platform, thats all she needs.

Steve B.

Slowing down for sure here. It's been cooler, wetter, and the days are shorter. Luckily two weeks ago we got one last hurrah in and spent 4 days down at Shasta. I'm really hoping to get the boat out a couple more times, but you never know. I have full cold-water wetsuit and a drysuit so I could ride year round but finding people to go with, time to go, safe water levels to ride in, and desire (when it's freezing out)...makes it pretty hard :)

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, jetskipro550 said:

Slowing down for sure here. It's been cooler, wetter, and the days are shorter. Luckily two weeks ago we got one last hurrah in and spent 4 days down at Shasta. I'm really hoping to get the boat out a couple more times, but you never know. I have full cold-water wetsuit and a drysuit so I could ride year round but finding people to go with, time to go, safe water levels to ride in, and desire (when it's freezing out)...makes it pretty hard :)

Hey Patrick, get out this week end.  It is supposed to be sunny and in the 80's Sat, Sun, and Monday.  Up to 87 on Monday! 

I'm still on restrictions, but you should be getting out there.

53 minutes ago, obski said:

Hey Patrick, get out this week end.  It is supposed to be sunny and in the 80's Sat, Sun, and Monday.  Up to 87 on Monday! 

I'm still on restrictions, but you should be getting out there.

We are planning for Sunday afternoon in Newberg as of right now....hopefully it happens!

Edited by jetskipro550

Its been slow for me as my #1 ski partner is out of town working. Also a major landscaping job in progress after rebuilding the sea wall this year. I am hoping for one more month but mother nature is the card holder in that. Fall skiing is the best. Just not much computation for the water. I can see the end but holding off.  Getting everything out and boats put away is so sad and yet when it done a good feeling as things are done. Then hunting, snowmobiling, and more time at the cabin.

• Like 1